IA Born

Lee's Ferry Walk In Question

16 minutes ago, biglakejake said:

2004-2005 i was a grocery rep going to marble canyon lodge and store.  several invites but i was spoiled by a 1976 trip w Mike Pock, Frank Kush and Bob Hirsch and his boys.  bass boats, ambassadeur reels and half the trout we caught were over 5lbs.  azgfd says its not their fault but i doubt that-of course all those biologists are way smarter than this AZ redneck.  at least the scenery is still good.

lee

Those were the "good ol' days". 😡 Kastmaster were the big lures for the big trout..

11 minutes ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Yup, pre 'artificial only' days. Do you recall the year when that came about??

Early 80's?

Something to watch for on extremely hot days in the valley and surrounding states.  WAPA can and will let excess water out of the dam to meet the days' electrical needs.  They just announced that it's a real possibility in the coming weeks.  Wyoming, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, Nebraska and I believe one or 2 other states get a chunk of the power generated.  

36 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

Something to watch for on extremely hot days in the valley and surrounding states.  WAPA can and will let excess water out of the dam to meet the days' electrical needs.  They just announced that it's a real possibility in the coming weeks.  Wyoming, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, Nebraska and I believe one or 2 other states get a chunk of the power generated.  

For sure, something to be aware of!

I haven't fished Lees Ferry in a few years, but that used to basically be a daily thing.  Every day the water level would start low, then gradually (sometimes not so gradually) increase/raise-up.  Used to be a good way to target hatches and hot spots as the trout would move into the recently covered ground to feed.

• Like 1

https://www.nps.gov/grca/learn/news/bor-news-water-experiment-to-be-conducted-along-the-colorado-river-while-maintaining-hydropower-production-this-summer.htm

The weekend releases are regulated till the end of August. This means the water will not fluctuate nearly as much as it used to during this time. These experimental flows are showing promising results! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.azcentral.com/amp/5551253002

The 'Rona might cause some problems at Lee's Feery too.  I know APS hit their all-time high for megawatt delivery a few days ago.  Not by a little, they beat their biggest day by hundreds of megawatts.  

Thanks. I was unaware of a possible emergency declaration. Definitely something to watch out for!