Sign in to follow this  
AZantlerhead

The Motherload

I asked my friend and shed hunting partner if I could post a pic of a day he had last month. He obliged and agreed to give you guys a teaser pic of his phenominal shed hunting.Comeing soon to video. He's carrying a total of 15 sheds and a elk head! Also a pic of us last year {so you can see him, he's on the right.}, we found those in only 6 hours of looking, about 16. I can vouch for my friend about the haul he had to make with that pack, He's a frigin mule!Not that I have too, he's the most honest person I've met in a long time. He then slept at the truck and went back the next day, Hauling out 10 more not pictured.He's since made 3 trips to that place, it's pretty dry now but you can still come up with a couple. Just wanted to introduce Him. He's extremely humble about his shedin trips, Why I'm posting for him. He hopes you guys like it. post-2337-1214613276_thumb.jpgpost-2337-1214613373_thumb.jpg

NICE!!

This will be my goal for the year, to have a day like this....... :wub:

You sound like you go into the country to have those days.

If by the country you mean as far away from roads, camps and such then yeah. Most of the honey holes we hit take about 4-6 hours to reach, then the remainder of the day spent actually shed hunting and then most the next day to get back to the truck with our packs. We have some "day trip" places but mostly we make it a 2 day event when time and money allows. Usually the more effort it takes to reach the place, the more productive it can be, Usually. I've had afternoons by town where we've came up with 5 or so a piece but not many.And yes we've been skunked in those far off places too. I've also learned where Not to go.If we get our 15 count back to the truck it's considered a successful outing.But as allways, one is better than none, and even the 0 count days are allways days enjoyed in the wild. So shed hunting is allways a win-win sittuation in our eyes.. ;) Days getting skunked makes the good days that much more memorible.

post-2337-1234625354_thumb.jpg

post-2337-1234625381_thumb.jpg

But as allways, one is better than none, and even the 0 count days are allways days enjoyed in the wild. So shed hunting is allways a win-win sittuation in our eyes.. ;)

Well said!

It's gettin' close. I'm looking forward to seeing the latest crop of sheds posted on here in the near future. Fresh "brownies" or old, gnawed on, turning to chalk "whities" and everything in between. They're all cool if you ask me.

I know, it's like waitin on christmas as a kid for me nowadays. or maybe more like the easter egg hunt for those that are hopelessly infatuated with finding a horn, off the one that got away, or one who's never been seen, or one who just didn't make it through and died in all his glory.Can't wait to see what the woods will hold for us all this spring.Good luck Jim, and best of luck to everyone else who's fortunate enough to make it out as well!

Justa layin out there on the dang Ol'ground man boy I telll ya what, yup, uh-huh Danged old , Cool man!!....