Sign in to follow this  
creed

airbow

I lost about half use of my left arm 3 years ago due to a shoulder injury. It's getting to where I can't hold a compound.  I qualify for a crossbow permit which I will use before I sit out the desert muley rut.

Anyone have any thoughts on use of an airbow? I thought they were illegal here until a friend pointed it out that they were legal for most big game including elk during archery seasons.

air now is the ticket... the new ones are deadly out to 150 yds!. after my injuries I can barley cock my crossbow anymore. airbow is the answer

I was watching some youtube videos. Guy had a great idea using welding compressed air to charge them. 2 inch groups at 50 yds

creed is there anyway you can use your right arm to hold and then a Mouth release he used a shoulder mount to draw the bow.

Eric bennet(spelling) lost his arm and is one of the best shots in the world compound and recurve as well. he might be able to give you some pointers. he wacked a deer a bunch of years ago to.

I havent talked to him in a while but he used to be down at corner archery all the time

edi go my right and left mixed up sorry

• Like 1

Sorry I have to be the dick to say it but an arrow gun has no business being in the field during an archery hunt. There is nothing related to archery whatsoever. Its more like a muzzleloader and should go in  muzzleloader, HAM, or general season. Nothing is sacred anymore. Unfortunately this crap went to the Commission at the same time the first trail cam fight happened and it slid right through. Now anybody with a Chiropracter friend or a $10 co pay to some pill slinger who will lie for them can shoot a shoulder mounted  gun with an optical scope that will launch arrows 100 yards in a 3 inch circle during an archery hunt. Really swell!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Heat said:

Sorry I have to be the dick to say it but an arrow gun has no business being in the field during an archery hunt. There is nothing related to archery whatsoever. Its more like a muzzleloader and should go in  muzzleloader, HAM, or general season. Nothing is sacred anymore. Unfortunately this crap went to the Commission at the same time the first trail cam fight happened and it slid right through. Now anybody with a Chiropracter friend or a $10 co pay to some pill slinger who will lie for them can shoot a shoulder mounted  gun with an optical scope that will launch arrows 100 yards in a 3 inch circle during an archery hunt. Really swell!

I used to be of the same mentality until I lost the use of an arm. It changed my perspective of a  lot of things.

With great difficulty :)

Seriously, I agree with you to a large degree. And I am likely not going that route. I can still  hold a compound but no longer than a few seconds before my arm goes to dropping and and I am unable to hold on the target.  It is leading to me punching the trigger and hurrying the shot. And my injury is progressive. The thought of sitting out my favorite time of the year when there is a legal way to keep hunting is hard to take.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Delw said:

EricBennett2012LondonParalympicsDay5gmPydhMIHOWl.jpg

I know him!!

you think that’s impressive. You should see the buck he killed in 21 a few years back

21 minutes ago, creed said:

With great difficulty :)

Seriously, I agree with you to a large degree. And I am likely not going that route. I can still  hold a compound but no longer than a few seconds before my arm goes to dropping and and I am unable to hold on the target.  It is leading to me punching the trigger and hurrying the shot. And my injury is progressive. The thought of sitting out my favorite time of the year when there is a legal way to keep hunting is hard to take.

I appreciate the honesty.

1 hour ago, creed said:

I used to be of the same mentality until I lost the use of an arm. It changed my perspective of a  lot of things.

Things Happen as we get older, we can’t do the same things we used to. 

What's next is Muzzle loaders that shoot 700yards plus... oh wait.....  

Just hope G&F adjusts their harvest rates based on the modern tools of the hunts since nothing ever gets taken away, just added. Harvest/maim rates for ML hunts have to be higher than ever anticipated. 

• Like 2