Sign in to follow this  
eom

? For the reloaders

I’ve talked about getting into reloading the last couple years but never did I sure wish I had now, with this current ammo craze is it worth it to spend the money on the equipment, are the supplies available or like ammo are they on short supply. I don’t know squat about reloading so gotta do a little research but figured I’d ask here about supplies before I spent the money. Thanks fellas!

If you are loading for hunting rifle type calibers you can find supplies. If you are trying to load for 9mm or 223 forget it. 

Never to late to start!  You’re going to find that you need more than just a press.  Really need to get a manual and read it.  Start by figuring out what you want to reload and how much you shoot then you will know what type of press you need.  You will need to buy other things as well so start looking for deals.  Only thing in short supply right now is primers.  Just about everything else you can find somewhere.

All components are getting hard to find now. Brass for most calibers you really have to search for and powder is scarce to say the least and primers simply don't exist currently. I would say the sooner you get into reloading the better off you will be. Your ammo and your ability will be much improved. I would keep an eye out for a deal on a press and like said above get a good manual and read up on the process and get an understanding of what you are getting into and what you will need. The Sierra manual I think is the best. 

Get a list of stuff you need and keep an eye out for deals. Buy stuff little by little. Like said above, if its 9mm, 223, or the heavy magnums, good luck finding supplies right now. I reload for 708 and 338LM. I can reload 708 all day. But I cant find my powder for 338. Everything depends on what you're looking for.

• Like 2

Thank guys! I’ve been looking around everyone is pretty much sold out couple little starter sets on amazon that are crazy over priced, definitely gonna get the Manuel and read up on it and start looking out for sales/availability. 

13 hours ago, eom said:

Thank guys! I’ve been looking around everyone is pretty much sold out couple little starter sets on amazon that are crazy over priced, definitely gonna get the Manuel and read up on it and start looking out for sales/availability. 

Go to pawn shops.