My Rights As An American

Carport to garage

To clarify, I have had some verbal quotes but when I ask for written quotes I never hear from the companies again.  Had multiple verbals. Would love to get it done. One wall, one part wall and a garage door. 

Any conversation about why I would be wasting my money to do it with a permit? Thanks.

I think generally it would be easier if you got the permit and supplied a couple drawings that usually gives people a more specific idea of what to bid and kinda covers you too 

just some friendly advice

Brian,

You will need to show approved plans and that a permit was pulled when and if you ever sell it. PLUS! Any yahoo with a hammer and a truck can build it, but the plan submission to the city will check the structural calcs and the electrical circuits. Insurance/Insurance/ INSURANCE!!!!!

Let me talk to a friend who flips houses and another who built houses for 40 years. Remind me in a week when I get back from my fishing trip. Call me anytime if you want to talk about it. You can probably do some "Sweat Equity" yourself. I can help you with the electrical,, For some Javelina Brats. LOL

I don't leave until Sunday morning.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, My Rights As An American said:

To clarify, I have had some verbal quotes but when I ask for written quotes I never hear from the companies again.  Had multiple verbals. Would love to get it done. One wall, one part wall and a garage door. 

Any conversation about why I would be wasting my money to do it with a permit? Thanks.

Get a permit. Pain in the butt but trust me. All it takes is one Karen in the neighborhood to be pist about it and report it. Then you have to worry about having to redo what you just did spending more money and trying to meet code. 

• Like 2

And remember you can't have a window in a garage, and I sold mine no problem and didn't have a permit, the only that suck was the slop in a carport that a garage wouldn't have as much. Hope you find  good contractor. Call home advisor, they'll get you written quotes

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

And remember you can't have a window in a garage, and I sold mine no problem and didn't have a permit, the only that suck was the slop in a carport that a garage wouldn't have as much. Hope you find  good contractor. Call home advisor, they'll get you written quotes

WW. My laundry room was detached at the end of the carport. I had half of the carport enclosed and the wall to the house knocked out expanding the dining room. Made a den and made the laundry room part of the house. Added a window in the den a mile as the crow flies from Brians house.

• Like 1

My buddy is a contractor and this is in his wheelhouse, I can PM ilhis info if you still a good and honest contractor. 

• Like 1

Better get it done this year.  Biden is going to close down 2021.  And you will have to get an environment impact survey to see if you would endanger a cockroach or a ant.  And you are going to have to change your site name.  😷

• Like 1
  • Haha 1