hey guys any help would be great.  looking to take my son out to hunt some quail.  We are usually hunting them down in Tucson but we live up in phoenix and I am not sure where to go.  I am looking around roosevelt lake but have no idea which direction to go.  I am not asking for your honey holes...just some general direction  would help

I have hunted around Roosevelt a few times, it didnt seem to matter where i hunted, i always found birds. Try the campaign creek area, it was always a good area for me, i havent been up there in a few years so im not sure if that area has been affected by the fires

try the Elton Jones Ranch a dozen miles north of globe along hiway 60.  say between mileposts 250 and 260 either side of the highway.  big country few hunters-Roosevelt gets pounded all season.

lee

I'm here in the same boat as you. New to hunting quail and would like to get out and give it a try. Any general direction and tips would be appreciated. I'm in North Phoenix/Cave Creek.

There are no birds in Congress....  The COVID got them.😆  There was butt ton of deer hunters this past weekend.  Had to try new areas so I wasnt  parking on top of them.

1 hour ago, NOTAGS said:

There are no birds in Congress....  The COVID got them.😆  There was butt ton of deer hunters this past weekend.  Had to try new areas so I wasnt  parking on top of them.

It’s like the gambles quail capital I think. If you want gambles go there. 

40 minutes ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

It’s like the gambles quail capital I think. If you want gambles go there. 

ssshhhh!  There's no quail near Congress.....  I hear they're all in Buckeye!

I will be getting into upland bird hunting next season as well.  I live in Flagstaff and am training a young American Pointing Lab this season.  I have not hunted birds since moving to N AZ and am interested is locations for next season.  

37 minutes ago, Superheat said:

I will be getting into upland bird hunting next season as well.  I live in Flagstaff and am training a young American Pointing Lab this season.  I have not hunted birds since moving to N AZ and am interested is locations for next season.  

Congress 

• Haha 1

There are alot more gamble quail in Kansas than Congress.I live by Congress