Sign in to follow this  
wbyfireman

Which is best? Leica, Swar. or Zeiss need HELP!!!

I might have the opportunity buy the end-all of optics down the road. What would you reccomend, Leice, zeiss, or swarovski. I am kind of leaning toward the Zeiss 15X60 over the swarovski 15X56. The Leice are awsome but the only 15-power is also a range finder, and i dont need that feature on my binos

Here we go again ;)

agreed ;)

This topic has been debated to death on this site many times. All the brands you mentioned are great. My advice is the Swarovski. They are flat out the best in my opinion, and they are far and away the best with warranty work. Not that you'll need it unless you knock your tripod over several times and scratch your lenses... in which case they will fix them and next day them to you for free. No matter how many times you've done that. :rolleyes:

Do a search and you'll find all the advice and banter you can handle. ;)

All good glass but Swaro has the best warranty and customer service. I own Lieca's and i have to get them repaired--could take up to 2 to 3 months to get them back--Swaro's would take me about three weeks and they rarely give you any problems with the repairs.

Go to Outdoorsman's and look through them all side by side and hold them. See which you like best. As has been said, they all are great glass. I use Zeiss and Swaros.

Amanda

First off, I owned the Zeiss 15x60 classics for a year or two. While being "good" binos, they are not great and do not compare to either the Swaros or the Leicas.

When I was searching for the "Ultimate" glass, I decided on 10+15x50 Leica Duovids, and have not looked back at all. IMHO, they are the best glass on the markey and provide two pairs of excellant binos in one to save weight. I love them and would not think twice about buying them again.

I've owned both the Leica 15 geovids and the Swarovski 15 SLCs. Both are exceptional glass, but I have only the Swaros now. IMO, the Swaros are a little more user friendly if that makes sense. Anyhow, I've got a stand alone Leica range finder and don't really need the geovid.

I had a repair done on my Leicas and they were returned in about 3 weeks. Replaced the lenses, cleaned and refurbished. No charge. Swaro is the same way. I would recommend you try all 3 and choose depending on what works best for you. The glass in all 3 are tops.

Copy that ... Swaro it is

Thx I was kind of shocked at the overwhelming reply toward swaro. other optics forums actually thought the zeiss were superior to the Swaro, bu tto each his own I guess

Thanks again