FOGGER

POT GARDENS IN THE FOREST

Has anyone ever encountered stuff like this while out hunting/scouting..I hear allot of this goes on along the rim by payson, kinda creeps me out since ive been up there tromping through the forest bout once a week..luckily i havent seen any shananigains yet and hopefully not...just wondered if anyone has seen or heard about these pot gardens.

Heard they raided one in Woods Canyon a couple of weeks ago. I guess they are fairly common. I seem to remember reports of finding them off I-17 and at the base of the Mazatzals too. I'd hate to stumble into one...

I came across what looked liked an abandoned pot farm once. All kinds of potting buckets, the soil all churned up and fertilizer bags scattered around. Don't want to run into anybody that might look like they came out of the movie "Deliverance" or "Without a paddle".

A friend of mine found one at the mouth of woods canyon near the village of oak creek several years ago. Just so happened that as he was leaving, the farmers were coming in driving a jeep. My friend tried to duck and hide but they saw him, and the bullets began to fly. He was lucky and was not hurt but had the crap scared out of him needless to say! Not sure if they where ever caught :blink:

I was in the one in Woods Canyon 2 weeks ago and no weapons or ammo was found in the 2 camp sites, but 5 UDA's got away like spider monkeys out of that canyon. They may have had some weapons on them? Grows are more likely going to be from Fossil creek ( Calf Pen ) East along the rim, due to the springs and water. These guy's were running 4 gas water pumps and pumping from the pools of water in the canyon, unlike most that use gravity to water. Never know be careful.

Rocky, I PM CMC about the problem you had I will let you know when I find out something. I have not run across any farms, but have heard stories, JLG.

thats why I always wear camo, and have my AR-15 strapped on my back.

I would call 911 and give GPS if I ever stumbled onto one.

I have heard about them in clear creek along the hiking trail as well.

I was in the one in Woods Canyon 2 weeks ago and no weapons or ammo was found in the 2 camp sites, but 5 UDA's got away like spider monkeys out of that canyon. They may have had some weapons on them? Grows are more likely going to be from Fossil creek ( Calf Pen ) East along the rim, due to the springs and water. These guy's were running 4 gas water pumps and pumping from the pools of water in the canyon, unlike most that use gravity to water. Never know be careful.

post-1778-1217289589.gif Not me Dude :D

primetime,

you got me thinking about the pumps.

There is a spot I go to every now and again,

where I swear I hear what I thought was a generator.

This has been going on for the better part of 10 years so.

I kinda doubt they were doing pumps that long ago

but who knows.

There is a much heavier used trail going into that country now :huh:

I was turkey hunting in Calf Pen in '05. Got home and saw on the news that they found a big farm in there. Lucky I didn't stumble into it.

and you state they were undocumented aliens because...?

ok. i just always thought the mexicans grew it in mexico and the hippies grew it here. either way, youll never catch me out without a sidearm.way too much illegal activity going on out here.

Ran into one about ten years back on towers mountain just west of the judges house--lots of new weeds growing--i backed out the same way i came in. I told the FS guys and gals and i believe they waited until the plants were fully grown then arrested the dudes.

I also ran into one near Black Canyon City in a canyon way back in there--that one spooked me a lot because they had me dead to rights if they wanted me--no place to run and the walls were straight up.

post-1778-1217289589.gif Not me Dude :D

primetime,

you got me thinking about the pumps.

There is a spot I go to every now and again,

where I swear I hear what I thought was a generator.

This has been going on for the better part of 10 years so.

I kinda doubt they were doing pumps that long ago

but who knows.

There is a much heavier used trail going into that country now :huh:

GH

I ran into set ups for pumps at least 15 years ago north of Black Canyon City. If there is water back-of-beyond, they will figure a way to use it.