Sign in to follow this  
TAM

Antelope

Here are a few pic's I took tonight of a decent antelope buck. He was close enough I could have shot him with my bow.

post-25-1217912418_thumb.jpg

post-25-1217912445_thumb.jpg

post-25-1217912472_thumb.jpg

post-25-1217912505_thumb.jpg

post-25-1217912633_thumb.jpg

Jason, I would like to see one like that in about 2 weeks(in bow range and preferably blind with a bad nose!! :lol: ) How is your stick flinging coming? ag

Thanks for pointing that out Mike! 13 bonus points and world class antelope 10 minutes from the house and I can't even draw a stinkin tag. :mellow:

The truth is I would have passed this guy up. There are some huge bucks in this area.

Here are a couple pic's of what I believe is the same buck last year.

post-25-1217947273.jpg

post-25-1217947287.jpg

Here's a better buck that I chased around for about an hour this afternoon. Sorry they're not as clear as the others but I didn't have my tripod and the buck was about 150-200 yards away. These pictures really don't show him as well as I would have liked. His hooks really curl in a lot and have polished tips and his prongs are really good as well. This buck was a definate shooter to me.

post-25-1217984608_thumb.jpg

post-25-1217984640_thumb.jpg

post-25-1217984659_thumb.jpg

:o Yea, Better buck

I would take the first one since he looks better 76-7/8

which is what Linnea got (AT 10 YEARS OLD :rolleyes: )

Next year Bud ;) Next Year

Tim,

The last buck is pretty for sure. Was he herding any does yet?

Keep the pics coming to fuel the fire before the season.

RR

tim - thanks for sharing the pics - sure would be nice to be so close to them critters - the 2nd buck does not look to be the same as the first. the second buck looks a little better - more mass, more length - I could be wrong that is just how they look to me. that last buck is nice - good prong, good mass above the prong.

I was out last weekend and about half the bucks I saw had does. The biggest speedster we seen had 8 does with em

and was tearing up every bush in sight.

Mike, I'm not waiting till next year to kill me a good goat. I've got a NM rifle tag in a real good spot north of Carrizozo and I'm planning on getting my 80 incher next month. Although, my Arizona lope is just going to have to grow another year.

RR, I've seen plenty of bucks starting to round up the does and rubbing there horns, but the two bucks I posted the pic's of did not have any does with them. The first buck has a group of 15 or so that he keeps within 1/4 to 1/2 mile from, and the second buck didn't have a doe in sight and was hanging out in the hills and PJ's on the fringe of they're range.

Sundevil, you could be very right! I was thinking they might be the same because there prongs are shaped the same, there hooks are long and don't really hook, they both have similar spreads, and they live in the exact same spot. But you never really know.

For what it's worth that last buck is a bigger buck than the first. I think the first buck kinda fools you because the pic's are so close to him which makes him look bigger. The last buck has better mass, better prongs and his hooks really curl in adding to his length.

I was in S AZ last weekend but we saw a herd of 10 (9 does and fawns and 1 mature buck). he was rubbing his neck gland on the bushes.

we also saw 2 separate solo bucks.

Around where im at the bucks are starting to herd up and can even be seen running the poor does around. Watched a pair this morning making dusty figure 8's for about 15-20 mins. Then just like that the stopped in their tracks and started eating.