Sign in to follow this  
cramerhunts

Cowards Caught on Camera!

Well it finally happened to me along with everybody else.....yep someone messed with one of my trail cams! The good news is that I had it locked with a python lock and they could only get it open enough to get the memory card and not the whole camera. Bad news is that I lost a good memory card and had to pull these two cams for fear that they would be back to get the rest of it since they tried to cut the cable with what appears to be a pocketknife. I knew I was taking some risk by putting a cam on this spring so I put another cam back up in the trees a little further which is where I got these pictures of the scum. This spring is on State Trust Land and unless you happen to have access through a certain locked gate then its foot access only for about three miles. If you did get access through the locked gate and drove the old skid road with a quad it would only be about a 1/2 mile hike which it looks like this is what they did. I have asked the land owner for permission to use this route only to be told no because I could still walk into the State Land by going around his so maybe these are friends of his....regardless they are crooks and vandals. I will be printing these pictures and taking them back with me the next trip I make. Feel free to post these pictures around the web or if you know these people please let them know I am looking for them and I will find them. This is in unit 29 just to give you an idea on where these crooks are. And yes I am positive they are the ones who did it because there were no other people on the cam and also if you notice the date and time they spent almost 35 minutes messing around.

Phil

DSC02835.jpg

DSC02841.jpg

DSC02837.jpg

DSC02840.jpg

And here is a little bear that came by as well.

DSC02843.jpg

Looks like you know where to put the 'deadfall' the fat yellow one is going to make a loud thump when she's jabbed by the sharp sticks :ph34r:

Good Recon work- Hope you get em' this stuff has gotta stop!

AzP&Y

I for the life of me can't figure out how to get the pics from the red X's. I need some help here. :(

TJ

That yellow one is a new breed. :lol: :lol: :lol: I hope you catch them and turn them into the authorities and get them for stolen property. Good luck. SHOOT

Awesome man, I have said for a long time that we need to stand up against people that do stuff like this, or it will never get any better. Wouldn't it be better if your second camera was pointed at the other one so that you could get pics of them actually messing with it?

Jeff

Awesome man, I have said for a long time that we need to stand up against people that do stuff like this, or it will never get any better. Wouldn't it be better if your second camera was pointed at the other one so that you could get pics of them actually messing with it?

Jeff

Yeah I would of loved to have this cam pointed directly at the other one but I couldn't get it positioned that way. The other camera was right at the head of the spring about 20 yards from this one.

Well, I admire you for putting these pics out anyway. I know of someone here who got a camera stolen last year and caught them on a second cam he had in the same area. He refused to show their pics, hoping they would just return it.

Don't want to post a link to another web site, but over on monstermuleys there is a post in the general hunting section from an Arizona elk unit where a guy removed the memory chip from the camera, but left it on and the internal memory snaped a picture of him. That guy put the thiefs pic on the post for the whole world to see.

jeff

Cramer it looks like your using the ol' trusty P32/41 homebrews......sorry to hear about the memory card losses but at least you didn't loose the cams. Theives are becoming a real problem. Glad you got some good pics of the possible culprits. They look like herpers (snake folks)......

Scott

Cramer it looks like your using the ol' trusty P32/41 homebrews......sorry to hear about the memory card losses but at least you didn't loose the cams. Theives are becoming a real problem. Glad you got some good pics of the possible culprits. They look like herpers (snake folks)......

Scott

Scott your're right these pics are off of a p32 and if the other homebrew would of been the same I don't think they could of got the memory card out but it was a 360 which has the card and door right in front on the bottom. You are right it could have been a lot worse and I believe it would have been if they would of had the right tools.

If they are snake folks they are in the right spot, I ran into this guy this time out.

post-216-1218139793_thumb.jpg

Phil

I posted your pics & a link to this thread on www.huntingbrotherhood.com. Here's the link if you care to see.

Glad you got those pics of them at least. I don't think that broad in yellow humped 3 miles in the last year, let alone each way to reach your camera. Obviously someone who has access to that private ground you mentioned. Give 'em heck buddy!

Matt S.

http://www.huntingbrotherhood.com/showthre...27980#post27980

I posted your pics & a link to this thread on www.huntingbrotherhood.com. Here's the link if you care to see.

Glad you got those pics of them at least. I don't think that broad in yellow humped 3 miles in the last year, let alone each way to reach your camera. Obviously someone who has access to that private ground you mentioned. Give 'em heck buddy!

Matt S.

http://www.huntingbrotherhood.com/showthre...27980#post27980

Thanks Matt, I appreciate it. I agree that she couldn't get into the area the way I have to. I'm gonna start at the locked gate's owner with these pics when I return.

Phil

Phil - Sorry to hear about the Jacka$$es messing with your cameras. Any chance the rancher might work with you in trying to ID the Thieves?