PRDATR

Trout Daily Limit is now 4 fish

2 hours ago, Ohthatguy said:

I believe stripers have been 10 for a while. Strippers are unlimited till the cash runs out.

Pleasant has been and still is unlimited for stripers though.

I havent paid attention to the fishing regs lately. but WOW a limit on stripers seems like just yesterday they were telling all anglers to throw them on the bank

i remember back in the day we did striper taggin at pleasant a few times. G&F was terrified of the stripers IN pleasant, we had a ton of fishery meetings on the striper subject over a period of 2-3 years. for a few years it was throw them on the bank or cut there bladder and let them sink. One day about 5 years later G&F paid me a visit at my shop I had forgot to fill out a guide log or something and since I knew them and they had some questions about other things they asked if they could stop by, so like always we had a nice chat talking about this and that, then they asked me if I had any idea who was gutting the stripers and tossing them on the bank. all I did was smile . they go let the guy's know that some animal rights group( think they said it was the eagle nazi's) is pushing us for there name, and not to make it so obvious. Guess they were pressuring G&F to bust them for wasting meat or some crap like that. The people in question were only doing ones that were small the rest they took home and ate. From the way I was told by both sides there was more than 50+ fish. LOL

Over the years Ive seen stripers go from kill them all to a limit now. Just amazing. There fun to catch and Ive caught some pretty decent ones mid to high teens fishing for Bass, seen some in the low 20's that friends and others have caught too.

Lucky there are little green sunfish in Woods to keep the kids busy while they are waiting for the big trout to bite.

It always pays to read the regulations.

The limt on striped bass at Pleasant is still unlimited. It's the same at Powell, and at Mead & Mohave, it's unlimited for fish under 20", and 20 for fish over that length.  The 10 striper limit applies to other waters, basically the Colorado River south of Davis Dam. 

• Like 3