Sign in to follow this  
bowhunter-tw

Coyote gun Scope suggestions

Should I be ashamed I am thinking of putting a S&B 1-8x24 Short Dot CC on an AR?  Or the NF ATACR 1-8x24 F1?  At the very low end, maybe a Vortex Razor Gen III 1-10x24?  Plus a Red Dot on the 45* right side.

Yes, I have a problem.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, res7borg said:

Thanks for the help. Now if only i can find someone to go hunting with to show me the ropes lol.

Join Phoenix Varmint Callers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, res7borg said:

What do they do?

Call varmints? Plus exactly what you asked for…they have several camps a year and pretty much take folks hunting to show them the ropes. 

On 10/14/2021 at 7:56 AM, res7borg said:

Thanks for the help. Now if only i can find someone to go hunting with to show me the ropes lol.

• Haha 1

On 10/14/2021 at 7:56 AM, res7borg said:

Hate to think how many yotes got away that would not have if I'd been packing a shotgun.  BB's, #4 buck.  Recommend a "turkey" shotgun, camo'd with a 24" tube.

Lots of sound suggestions. I am trying something new this year and went to a fixed Primary Arms x5 prism scope. See how that goes. Once you get out there and do it yourself, you'll find what you like and may change your mind even from what you started with.  I used to think high power magnification when I started but soon found I didn't like it at all. Even in open country I still find them coming in close most of the time.  Coyotes have a severe case of ADHD and paranoia, thus they don't stay put for long. So I like quick handling rifles. Good Luck!  

• Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 11:47 AM, lancetkenyon said:

Should I be ashamed I am thinking of putting a S&B 1-8x24 Short Dot CC on an AR?  Or the NF ATACR 1-8x24 F1?  At the very low end, maybe a Vortex Razor Gen III 1-10x24?  Plus a Red Dot on the 45* right side.

Yes, I have a problem.

Sounds like you just like nice glass… I dont see an issue, but maybe the wallet does 😂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bowhunter-tw said:

Sounds like you just like nice glass… I dont see an issue, but maybe the wallet does 😂

His wife is loaded, he's a kept man. 

• Haha 1