Sign in to follow this  
JSR

Assault weapon ban

While they distracted you with the promise of giving you $1400 of your own money the house passed an assault weapon ban. They also have the votes to pass it in the senate. 

They also have other bills they will vote on that prohibits the private sale of guns, ammo tax, yearly tax stamps for all guns, etc 

but enjoy your $1400. Thats a lot of beer, weed and tats. 

• Like 2

Oldest trick in the book. Look we are giving everyone $1400, while they rob us blind and steal our rights.

• Like 4

I read it on NRA website. I think they have not officially introduced the bill yet. 

While we should all be concerned, there is some missing info here. First, this bill isn't an assault weapons ban, it is an expansion of background checks, largely focused on private sales. Second, to pass, they need 60 votes in the Senate to pass it. At this time they are well short of 60 in the 50/50 split senate. In order to bring the number down from 60 to a simple majority, they would need to get rid of the filibuster, which at this time is what we should be more concerned about. As long as the filibuster rules are in place, it is going to be really tough to pass their firearms reform.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, JSR said:

I read it on NRA website. I think they have not officially introduced the bill yet. 

Although the future isn’t bright, the NRA likes to use info like this to bring in revenue (memberships/donations). 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, rossislider said:

While we should all be concerned, there is some missing info here. First, this bill isn't an assault weapons ban, there is a lot more to it. Second, to pass, they need 60 votes in the Senate to pass it. At this time they are well short of 60 in the 50/50 split senate.

We really need to be concerned about their efforts of killing the filibuster. If that happens then only a simple majority would prevail. 

• Like 1

It only takes 51 votes to pass a bill. It takes 60 to end the debate on the bill 

3 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

Although the future isn’t bright, the NRA likes to use info like this to bring in revenue (memberships/donations). 

OK

We need to be real concerned about Halaand being sworn in as well. you cannot be pro public land but anti firearms. The different groups that support her are extremely concerning as well. Make sure to support the right groups. some of her concerning supporters/donors are: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers (they need to go away), National Deer Association, NWTF, pope and young, whitetails unlimited, wildlife forever, Archery Trade Association, Ducks Unlimited. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JSR said:

It only takes 51 votes to pass a bill. It takes 60 to end the debate on the bill 

You are partially correct, and if you do a little more research, you will see the 60 vote scenario is the road the current legislation is going.

11 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

Agreed, I do support most of what the NRA stands for. But if anyone is being completely honest, they do love a little fear mongering to drum up the support and funds.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, JSR said:

While they distracted you with the promise of giving you $1400 of your own money the house passed an assault weapon ban. They also have the votes to pass it in the senate. 

They also have other bills they will vote on that prohibits the private sale of guns, ammo tax, yearly tax stamps for all guns, etc 

but enjoy your $1400. Thats a lot of beer, weed and tats. 

As already pointed out, this is fake news.   They absolutely did NOT pass an "assault weapon ban". (Did you actually read that some where???)    The bills have to do with expanding background checks for private/internet sales and giving more time for background checks. 

Not saying I support either one.  I'm just a fan of real and accurate information, as opposed to fear-mongering.

• Like 7

I thought that shella Jackson already introduced this year and it's already dead. 

• Like 1

The House passed two bills.  HR 8 requires a background check on a private transfers.  It was passed in the House on 3/11/21 by a 227-203 vote.  HR 1446 increases the background check time period.  It was passed in the House on 3/11/21 by a 219-210 vote.  Also, Sen. Feinstein is introducing an "Assault Weapons Ban" that would ban the sale of "assault weapons," limits magazine capacity to 10 rounds, and imposes other regulations.  Current owners of "assault weapons" and "high capacity" magazines would be grandfathered in (but likely taxed on these items).  Link to source below.

https://goldrushcam.com/sierrasuntimes/index.php/news/local-news/28535-u-s-senator-dianne-feinstein-and-congressman-david-n-cicilline-introduce-assault-weapons-ban

• Like 2