Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Horse Rental by the Verde off Beeline

Is there still a place there? They would leave you alone to put on the blanket and the saddle and not babysit you. You could go out and just let them know about when you would be back later in the day. Feeling the desire to get in some trail time.

They had rentals at Mormon Lake last time I was there, and they had them at the Cave Creek park. I think it was about 60.00 an hour. I might pay that much to ride American Pharoh.

2 hours ago, PRDATR said:

Is there still a place there? They would leave you alone to put on the blanket and the saddle and not babysit you. You could go out and just let them know about when you would be back later in the day. Feeling the desire to get in some trail time.

Saddle tramp.

Just now, Edge said:

Saddle tramp.

A couple years ago I’d think I’d never heard that before. But since finding insp channel and grit tv, I’ve heard saddle tramp about a 1000 times 

9 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

A couple years ago I’d think I’d never heard that before. But since finding insp channel and grit tv, I’ve heard saddle tramp about a 1000 times 

Grit is a free antenna tv station. I just heard saddle tramp 5 min ago.

If a saddletramp is comfortable riding drag, time to find a new outfit?

3 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Grit is a free antenna tv station. I just heard saddle tramp 5 min ago.

I pretty much cancelled all my channels except insp. I like to watch the movies and look up the actors, was watching an Audie Murphy and there was an old man in it who was born in 1879. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trphyhntr said:

I pretty much cancelled all my channels except insp. I like to watch the movies and look up the actors, was watching an Audie Murphy and there was an old man in it who was born in 1879. 

Yeah that’s cool shoot! I mean, where else do I get real westerns! I love my grit.

1 minute ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Yeah that’s cool shoot! I mean, where else do I get real westerns! I love my grit.

we are a young country. ive actually been so into them i wanted to start a thread about it for people that watch them. 

There is a trailride outfit at the Saguaro Lake Guest Ranch, but I don't think they let you go off solo.  

I happen to be working on Stewart Dam right now, and pass the place twice a day.  They do have two female wranglers that are quite easy on the eyes working there, so you might just want to tag along and follow their lead... 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

we are a young country. ive actually been so into them i wanted to start a thread about it for people that watch them. 

I've cut my news consumption way back, replaced it with Westerns.

I'm usually a stickler for at least some authenticity. Don't tell me it's 1868 and you're packin a saa M1873... And why are there so many Italians type cast as N/A's? Please don't tie your horse up with a rein....

See what I mean?

Just now, Edge said:

I've cut my news consumption way back, replaced it with Westerns.

that is precisely why i got into them. i like how in gunsmoke its essentially cut and dry good vs bad and good always wins. i was also surprised how many of the chicks from those shows have nude pics....

see idk about guns, but my dad does. so when i watch some with him hes always guessing the guns. 

I'd like everyone to list their favorite Western and why.

OP,  Chris, come over here far NW valley anytime and we'll ride out the back gate. I'm in the Petroglyphs. Not too exciting but some things to see. I think you have my number.