Lance

6TH ANNUAL CWT.com MARSHALL LAKE GET-TOGETHER

Fox 10 news update, dont need anyone to deliver sweet corn. were rigin the birdfarm with water on timers so we can go. we just can't be there for fridays cookout if saturdays ok for fresh corn on cob were bringing it anyway.

thanks, dan

2 more first timers attending. Azphil (Phil Sanchez) and Stumpsitter (Jim Martin). We will be arriving Friday pm. Will bring some stuff. Looking forward to it.

This morning I put an orange CWT sign at the the turn onto the 128B road before one gets to the area of Marshall Lake (same road as 2, 3 years ago). Lance said he would be out there later today (late afternoon?). There is already someone camping at the spot where we were 2 years ago.

We'll be looking for it. I was hoping to get there before dark, but I doubt it now. Just filled up outside of Phx at carefree highway. Anyone know a good place to fill up on water for the trailer in Flag?

The campers left AND WE ARE CAMPPED IN THE SAME ORIGIONAL SPOT AS EVERY YEAR EXCEPT LAST YEAR. Follow the orange CWT signs.

Sorry just saw this event FIRE RESTRICTIONS

The following fire restrictions are in effect for the entire Coconino National Forest:

• The use of campfires, charcoal grills, and stove fires (wood, charcoal, and coal burning) are prohibited on all Coconino National Forest lands. This now includes developed campsites and campgrounds.
  • Use of explosives is prohibited.
  • Smoking is prohibited, except within an enclosed vehicle or building.
  • Operating a chainsaw, or other equipment powered by an internal combustion engine, is prohibited between the hours of 9:00 am to 8:00 pm. During acceptable hours, please have 5-10 ft. clearance around your generators and other internal combustible engines.
  • Welding or operating acetylene or other torch with open flame is prohibited.
  • Discharging a firearm, air rifle, or gas gun is prohibited except while engaged in a lawful hunt.

The use of pressurized gas appliances such as stoves, lanterns or heating devices is allowed, providing such devices meet the fire underwriter’s specifications for safety.

The public is reminded that fireworks and operating or using any internal or external combustion engine without a spark arresting device properly installed, maintained, and in effective working are always prohibited on all national forest lands.

Lance just sent me this picture of the meat he has been smoking since yesterday. This is for dinner on Friday and lunch on Saturday! YUMMY!! He says he cold smoked the chicken for 8 hours, then he will finish cookin on the grill at camp tonight. The pork roasts were on the smoker for 21 hrs! And will be in the oven for a few more before being reheated on the grill tomorrow at camp.

post-1-0-98065300-1340981788_thumb.jpg

It's not too late to come up and join us for some great food and fun!!

Oh my gosh! Now I really wish I was going to be there? Grrrrrr....

Just put a 10 hr day in and couldn't wait to get home to see if anyone posted pictures of the outing yet. Peg and I are wanting to see some pictures so please post up what ya got. I'm sure everyone had a good time. Sorry we had to miss it. Pictures please! :)

TJ

TJ, I was slacking and took no event photos; guess the smoked pork kept me sideminded ;)

I did post some elk pics in the elk forum from a few bulls seen on the drive there.

For me, it was relaxing weekend and mentally enjoyed.

I'm with TJ! Someone break out with the pictures.... we want to see all the fun we missed!

We had a great time attending this year. Really enjoyed the hospitality and getting to meet some more great folks from the cwt community.

A big thank you to Lance and his family for hosting such a great event this weekend!

Thanks to Ty and Weston for helping on the fishing outings and giving my boys some fishing tips.

Dillon wanted me to mention how much fun he had with a the other kids two nights in row playing capture the flag.

This was truly a first class event and anyone who could of come and didn't missed out for sure.

post-754-0-28482200-1341192513_thumb.jpg

post-754-0-49538800-1341192757_thumb.jpg

post-754-0-86168600-1341192773_thumb.jpg

post-754-0-27365500-1341192808_thumb.jpg

This was our camp we carved out among the many others.

post-754-0-48013500-1341192848_thumb.jpg

Cody, Collin, Dillon & Weston

post-754-0-12942000-1341192907_thumb.jpg

post-754-0-90626400-1341192959_thumb.jpg

Cody & Dillon

post-754-0-15656600-1341193037_thumb.jpg

No fish caught, but Dillon landed a few of these whoppers!

post-754-0-81125500-1341193071.jpg

Same with Cody

post-754-0-06247000-1341193129_thumb.jpg

Colleen bought Cody and Dillon each ten raffle tickets and Dillon was drawn second in the raffle. He was able to score one of the two cameras in the raffle. Jackson obviously needs to invest in lottery tickets because he cleaned house with his tickets (everything on the table)!

Dillon & Jackson with their prizes

post-754-0-15787900-1341193161_thumb.jpg

Cody shooting his "birthday bow" for the first time

post-754-0-03863200-1341193364_thumb.jpg

Colleen and I thought Ricca and Tank were just the coolest dogs. Colleen told me Ricca was indeed the famous "Sprocket" from Jim Hensen's Fraggle Rock.

Here ya go Doug! (Doug was unaware that his dog starred in the kids show Fraggle Rock), so I am posting the proof right here on CWT

post-754-0-90219000-1341193951.jpg

• Like 1