8OWHUNT247

Taxidermy Nightmare!

I would go over and make sure he has your stuff ready to mount, hide, antlers, form etc. get a physical look that it's there

Nice of you to give him a chance

Anymore updates on this? I was very disappointed to see this on their website as I was planning on using them again. For what it's worth, I used them for an antelope and a bobcat in the past few years and they were great, competitive prices and unbelievable turn around times, both done from start to finish in under 6 weeks (another local taxidermist took over 2.5 years to tan the bobcat hide so I picked it up and took them to Jeff's place)! Sad to hear and I hope everythin turns out well for OP.

Jeff Paulson owner of taxidermy az thief of artist??? He has my family's 5 Canadian bears since June 2012. He was suppose to do 4 rugs and 1 full body mount. He said in July it would be a couple weeks until he would get the hides back and he would be done in 6-8 weeks. In august he said it he didn't have caps back yet, and it would be couple more weeks until he could pay to have them shipped. I asked him how much it was, and he said he owed the tanner $816.00. Mind you I have already paid him $5370.00 of the total amount of $7740.00. Obviously the money I paid him he didn't use to pay for my mounts. On Sept 10, 2013 I asked for an update. He said he would have the money by the end of the month to get the capes back and he would get started on them right away. That was the last time he responded to any e-mail. I tried emailing him several times with no response. I have contacted the Arizona Game & Fish officer( Brian Anthony @ 480-324-3543). He is officer assigned to the taxidermists. Please please everyone having issues with Taxidermy needs to contact him and file a complaint. He said without more complaints from the public he can't investigate. The ole not enough time or manpower.

PLEASE POST SUGGESTIONS----

Thank You,

Ladyhunter88

This Paulsen sure has made a name for himself. I wonder what he spent everyone's money on? Does he have an addiction, was he living above his means?, serious illness? I think everyone deserves to get a valid explanation of where everyone's money is.

Yep, he has gone dark on me. Hasn't replied to an email since....

He probably won't give me my property back because the tannery won't give it back to him. "Robbing Peter to Pay Paulson"?????

Bummer dude. Sounds like you really tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. Go get your horns and refuse to leave without them.

It is possible that G&F might not renew the license of a taxidermist - if he has a history of bad service- due to multiple calls from unsatisfied customers.

Calling Game and Fish will accomplish nothing. They are the licensing agency that will grant them a license on the grounds of payment of the fees, and if he has reported what the law says he needs to report. they don't care what kind of a businessman he is.

Back in 1990-1996 when I was the President of the Arizona Taxidermy Association, the G&F would get calls from disgruntled customers and send them to me, cause they didn't and couldn't do anything so they thought that the Association could do something, but most of the time the taxidermist wasn't a member anyway.

I feel for all of you who have lost trophies or who are in the process of losing trophies. This is never good for the profession I hold dear to my heart.

I'm out a $1000.00 to Kip Love! My buddy stopped by his house and he has skipped town. He went through a rough spot so I felt bad for him so I left the bear with him to finish. The bears skull measured 21 1/2 inches so I was really excited to have this made into a rug. I would also like to know where this guy is now living.

I'm out a $1000.00 to Kip Love! My buddy stopped by his house and he has skipped town. He went through a rough spot so I felt bad for him so I left the bear with him to finish. The bears skull measured 21 1/2 inches so I was really excited to have this made into a rug. I would also like to know where this guy is now living.

Kip Love fell in love, got married, skipped town and left some of his animals at Trials End Taxi.

Kips new cell phone 480-338-3770

I was able to get a bobcat pelt back, I'm not sure if it's mine.

really sorry to hear that, what a kick in the nuts. just stealing from you.