Sign in to follow this  
vinniebeeks

21 coues and lion

was able to get it done finally last night after almost two whole days of not seeing a single coues. with all the road hunters and not seeing any animals finally said lets head into the wilderness area and hopefully see less people. hiked into a nice pocket with a spring in the bottom and was able to see aways and nobody was around. started glassing and right off the bat seen a few elk then didnt see much for awhile then this buck got up and moved trees and i was able to catch him movement and watched him bed right back down. put my phone scope on him thru my spooting scope n seen he was a decent coues and without seeing a single deer my buddy talked me into taking the shot. 681 yards at -8 degree slope and 10-15 mph corss wind my dope was 100% on. now i no some will say thats too far blah blah blah but i spend endlesss hours with this gun shooting 400 yards to 1000 yards and truing my ballistic 100%. this was my first firle tag (mainly archery hunt) and ive been on a hand full of deer hunt where guys cant shot passed 200 yards and try stalking into the animal and either can see cause the brush is so dam thick or the animal busts out. big thanks to dustin f to helping me glass and packing this guy out took up like an hour to get to the top of the rigde and another 30 to get back to my ranger.

as for the lion i was out looking for deer and spotted him and shot him cross a canyon he was stalking a bunch of javelina. he was a nice tom 130lbs and taste great!

post-12804-0-80750900-1414343567_thumb.jpgpost-12804-0-74107100-1414343595_thumb.jpgpost-12804-0-46144400-1414343671_thumb.jpgpost-12804-0-96921200-1414345482_thumb.jpg

video of shot

• Like 5

SCORE!

FYI - Youtube video does not work. Says video is "private".

Awesome! Congrats on a nice buck and lion! What a great hunt!

Nice job. Great hunt.