Sign in to follow this  
6ANut

Quail hunting brought an unexpected Sight.

Went out finally to do some birds hunting this year to our quail hot spot. We shot 26 quail and had a blast hunting over my dads new Yellow Lab. What made it very memorable was that I have never before seen an Albino anything. Now I know there are differences between a true albino etc but all I saw was a white looking deer and thought is was amazing. Here are a few pics to share, sorry about the lower quality all I had was a camera phone.

post-8664-0-57749700-1423518416_thumb.jpg

post-8664-0-37905100-1423518438_thumb.jpg

post-8664-0-31182200-1423518447_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Yes it is a muley, the picture on the left there is actually 3 other does with her.

I'm more impressed with the 26 quail. These days a party of people with that much at the end of the season is very rare.

• Like 4

That's sweet I seen one... three or four times a year out in 22

• Like 1

That's really neat to get to see something like that

That's awesome you got to see that deer. Great job on the quail. Never saw a day like that this year.

• Like 1

Im pretty sure that's one I see pretty commonly. If its the same one saw her as a fawn four years ago.

judging by your location DSE I have a feeling we are talking about the same deer. After talking to the rancher we know up here they said there is three albinos running around in that same general area, all does no bucks.

Very cool to see something like that.

That is awesome! As stated above, 26 quail at the end of the season is phenomenal! We ended up getting 8 Mearns on Saturday and I thought that was good but 26 gambles in one of the worst years is incredible. Good job!

• Like 1

There's been some others but they don't seem to live very long. I think this is the only one that made it. Not sure where but I know I have a couple pics of this one at about a month old.

Yeah I am used to coveys of 30 plus but most of these were small around 10 or so but lots of coveys. We had not hunted this area for the last two years since the numbers had plummeted.