What's the deal with this??? I'm seeing commercials on TV about it & it sounds horrible.

They are trying to treat a symptom and not the disease. Or rather, slapping a bandaid on a sucking chest wound. By devaluation of the principle in the State Trust, they are robbing future generations. My house will be slapping a fat NO down on prop123.

• Like 5

Selling state land is like removing hunting areas to development. A better idea is to reorganize the state land dept. They could do much better managing the land.

State treasurer said he had 3 billion in the bank yesterday. Said no reason for 123. If the money was allocated properly....... not in all the pockets of the politicians there wouldnt be an issue. Even if 123 passes it doesnt guarantee raises for the teachers. Just more dough for the hierarchy.

• Like 1

State treasurer said he had 3 billion in the bank yesterday. Said no reason for 123. If the money was allocated properly....... not in all the pockets of the politicians there wouldnt be an issue. Even if 123 passes it doesnt guarantee raises for the teachers. Just more dough for the hierarchy.

I don't know for sure but would guess land developers and people that own property butting up to state land are pushing this in the name of ...."for the poor children".

• Like 3

I vote no for sure. I feel the money is already there and the teachers dont get more because they are the link to the children and this creates a need situation for us to see. The problem just like all government too many cheifs taking too much.

State Treasurer is also on record as saying this is fiscally irresponsible. By not dumping a mandated portion of the interest back into the principle, the available interest accrual will diminish.

• Like 1

Dang politicians. What ever happened to the AZ Lottery money that was supposed to fund the schools? I guess only us working guys are supposed to be financially responsible.

• Like 2

123 is a no vote but something needs to give. This is only happening because of the lawsuit filed from the az schools to get paid for the last prop 301 or some number that money the whore poiliticans took instead of giving to the schools.; 123 is the answer do they dont have to pay what the court already told them to pay.

My wife was a special aide para professional(certified aide). Worked for 9 years taking care of special needs kids with every disease you can think of. She left after 9 years making $9 an hour. Az schools pay SH!T.

TOBY what needs to give is cutting away all the FAT from the top (The School Board and Admin) ... The concept behind 123 and use of State Trust Funds IMO is not the problem and not a bad one ... but too many other sneaky provisions written into the bill, plus History shows we can not count on our government to execute such a plan and not abuse it costing Future generations of students and schools lost funding ... If it were to pass, I doubt even 2% of the $$$$ would ever make it to the teachers and classrooms.

• Like 1

123 is a no vote but something needs to give. This is only happening because of the lawsuit filed from the az schools to get paid for the last prop 301 or some number that money the whore poiliticans took instead of giving to the schools.; 123 is the answer do they dont have to pay what the court already told them to pay.

My wife was a special aide para professional(certified aide). Worked for 9 years taking care of special needs kids with every disease you can think of. She left after 9 years making $9 an hour. Az schools pay SH!T.

I have never tried this but here it goes ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ what he said!!!!