Sign in to follow this  
trphyhntr

petition to unlock this thread

I haven't read the thread that started this. But how many of you know Travis personally? I have known him for many years. He sometimes says things that he maybe shouldn't but the guy is as good a desert sheep guide as there is.

Ditto as a person. He's a great guy if you know him and a wealth of knowledge when it comes to giant desert mule deer and sheep.

• Like 2

This the same ram?

Colburn and Scott strike again...
Oh yeah I'm sure they spent the bulk of the time hunting this ram... Bulshite. Jay would step on his Mom to take a pic with this ram!
Pretty harsh words to toss out there. Jay never struck me as a man of this character. I think this deserves an explanation.
I have met Jay on an elk hunt and he was one of the nicest and respectful guys I have met.

It's been my experience that the true character comes out when a person is alone with a keyboard. Maybe it was a temporary lapse in judgement but a truly stand up person would admit that and own it.

• Like 1

Whenever I read threads that go downhill like this one, I'm reminded of something I read many years ago...

Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.

• Like 5

I haven't read the thread that started this. But how many of you know Travis personally? I have known him for many years. He sometimes says things that he maybe shouldn't but the guy is as good a desert sheep guide as there is.

Ditto as a person. He's a great guy if you know him and a wealth of knowledge when it comes to giant desert mule deer and sheep.

Noones claiming he's a bad sheep Hunter. I'm sure he's a great guide but the way he flipped out and acted holier than thou because he has seen that specific sheep more than someone else kinda make people not like him. He tried way to hard to make everyone think he was a bad as$. If he had come on like Jay Scott did and explain the situation and say how he is involved and whats going on things probably would have went smoother.

I haven't read the thread that started this.

maybe you should before commenting.

I don't need to. He isn't perfect and has his faults.

He is my friend.

I haven't read the thread that started this.

maybe you should before commenting.

I don't need to. He isn't perfect and has his faults.

He is my friend.

okie dokie.

• Like 2

My congrats to Az Desert Outfitters,Colburn and Scott,and especially Mark Stevens,son and helpers.When you know the whole story it will restore your hope in your fellow man,good job guys.

• Like 2

Back to the original petition, I say NO. And for another thought how about closing this thread also. It too has gone down the path of mostly garbage. :)

Hey Jay,

I heard that you called the draw tag holder's father personally and threatened to put a guy on every knob to chase sheep away and ruin his hunt if he went after Curly is that true?

Why not man up and call Jay personally, he left his number: 602-803-0223

Amazing 1st post BTW.

• Like 2

I had also heard an anonymous caller called the hunters father threatening flooding the unit with globs of people and something about about a lawsuit.

I also heard that Jay never showed up until the day the ram was shot because he knew the other guys didn't want him around. Curly had been located 2 days before Jay arrived.

• Like 1

Hey Jay,

I heard that you called the draw tag holder's father personally and threatened to put a guy on every knob to chase sheep away and ruin his hunt if he went after Curly is that true?

I would really hope that stuff wasn't going on.