Sign in to follow this  
maximus

Kaibab tags

looks like they have a lot of tags left, i called today and asked the lady for the phone number for the game warden for 12a/b and they don't take phone calls because they get too many calls and cannot answer on time to all of them, is anybody going or is a waste of time, it is a long ways unless you go in the summer to camp out .

There is very little elk on the Kaibab and even less on the strip. Like 40-50 elk total in 12a, 12b, 13a and 13b combined. I would imagine it would be a very tough hunt. If you are looking for an excuse to get outdoors then go for it, consider it a quasi camping trip. It's only like what 35 bucks?

If you plan on hunting deer up there this year, get the elk tag.

You would be better off trying kill one on the OTC hunts around Camp Verde or The Little Colorado River

• Like 1

You know how many trail cams guides and outfitters run up there? They know where they are and those guys' kids and wives are probably the only people who will have any success.

+1 for the winslow or verde hunt for the average joe.

now my question is why 750 tags when there is only 50 or 60 elk there?

DB also you can hunt the white apache for raghorn or spike for like 400 bucks.

Because they want zero elk up there.

It is dumb that those tags are on are draw. They should give everyone that drew a deer tag up there elk and lion tags.

• Like 2

If they REALLY wanted them removed, then they should allow ANY Kaibab deer tag holder the opportunity to legally take a deer (as normal) OR elk during their respective hunt.

• Like 3

Um $$$$$

• Like 2

Um $$$$$

What he said

If they REALLY wanted them removed, then they should allow ANY Kaibab deer tag holder the opportunity to legally take a deer (as normal) OR elk during their respective hunt.

This. When I checked in my 12a deer one of the questions asked was how many elk I saw...I laughed and said zero. Was told they don't want elk there, but at the time didn't seem to be doing anything about it except asking numbers.

agree i think is about money, if they sell all the tags and i think most of the tag holders will go august, september they will really screw up the archery deer hunters with all those people in there.

This. When I checked in my 12a deer one of the questions asked was how many elk I saw...I laughed and said zero. Was told they don't want elk there, but at the time didn't seem to be doing anything about it except asking numbers.

But if they did that then they wouldn't be able to collect all those tag fees.