rossislider

Bugle Fest

Good for you and your son on having an outdoor experience that very few get to enjoy , just for the fact that you can and did on public land .

Keep on keeping on man !

this is funny timing wise........

we met a guy his weekend (You live in the same small town a friend of mine does and you know him)that was just out calling cause he loves to call elk during the rut tag or no tag. we bs'd with him for a while. I tried to catch him yesterday as he was parked right across from our camp calling in a little saddle.

I wanted to tell him that when we drove back to camp around 10am . I took 2 steps out of the jeep and decent bull let out a bugles and a bark got up and ran off. he was bedded down right behind our tent.not more than 20 yards away..

Might see him up there next week, if hes on here he will know where I am talking about..

and the area south and behind where we org talked to you is loaded with elk, but there not talking in the am only in the evening and very little. we got on 2 more decent ones over the weekend she didnt seal the deal. had fun with one bull for 45 mins at 20 and 30 yards thick crap in there.

friday morning was a freaking elk concert then it got warm and they quieted down for 2 days.(in that area) there still in there just not as vocal.

Delw