Sign in to follow this  
trphyhntr

Do those blood finding lights work?

As far as the blood light goes.. They kind of work. You're supposed to shine it backhand forth and the different colors are supposed to make the red look kind of like it's blinking. Your better off with a regular flashlight.

Oh right on.

Does it stand out any better or worse at night with a flash light then daylight.

It basically is a flashlight so you can really only use it at night. It has a red light and a green light on it that are both on the same time which is Why you are supposed to wave it back and forth. It's kind of heavy (old promos one with green body) so I took it out of my pack and leave it as a last resort.

Think I misunderstood your question. It's a draw imo as to whether one is better. Given the extra weight and size if I had to pick one it would be a headlamp

so whats the word today working on number 3?

Just f'n with ya.

Didn't get on #3. I Searched for 4 hours for more blood and walked some stuff out. Last I can tell he did a little circle and then the blood stops. I back tracked it a ways to see if he doubled back but didn't see any blood going any where else.

That sucks man.

Kid had something similair on her 1st deer 3 years ago.. she hit it perfect in both lungs and a complete pass through, guy comes around a corner and I told him to go chase the other deer up the road they were everywhere. he come over and helped us try to locate hers.

blood looked like this for 1/2 mile or more,maybe 40 blood puddles like the pics. then just stopped, we spent a straight 30+ hours looking for that deer then came back a day later and found small drops every 20-30 yards.all indications the SOB ended up jumping off sycamore canyon.

we went back every 3 days for a few days for the rest of archery deer and till the end of archery elk still couldnt find it.

sucks but shoot happens

post-14908-0-28726400-1516154713.jpg

post-14908-0-52278000-1516154722.jpg

post-14908-0-57052700-1516154735.jpg

• Like 1

It sucks wounding an animal. It's happened to me more than I'd like to admit. All you can do is try your best to recover it and pray it expires quickly or totally recovers.

• Like 1

I read a story once that if animal exhales just as the arrow goes into chest cavity the lungs are small and their is room for the arrow to go thru without cutting the lung. I hit a pig once right in the stripe. It had a red spot on it that I could see in binos the next day. It was fine, still running around

http://www.deeranatomy.com/pages/deer-hunting/deer-anatomy/tracking-wounded-deer

Really? Wow that was a lot of blood.

Hit the front of left rear leg and it exited high in the flanks on the other side.
Well shoot his a$$ again.