Sign in to follow this  
DesertBull

Sending Binos to Swarovski?

Off topic but if you send slc in for a cracked lens do they put nicer glass in them

You were gonna crack them and send them in huh?

no, im white. one of my lens has a little chip in it though.

• Like 1

When I sent in my EL's I asked if it were possible to install new 10X lenses and upgrade them and they said that it was not possible to do that.

• Like 1

Off topic but if you send slc in for a cracked lens do they put nicer glass in them

I offered to pay to make this happen and they said it cant be done.

• Like 1

Somehow one lens on my 10x42 ELs got scratched. Will they replace it if I send them in for cleaning/tuneup?

On average, what does it cost to have your optics reconditioned by Swarovski? I've got an older pair of 15x56's that I'd like to have serviced, but I don't know what it will cost. One objective lens definitely has a scratch on it.

They call you before they do any work that isnt covered under warranty. There is no charge to send them into be cleaned and inspected.

They will replace a scratched lens but there is a charge. When I bought my 10x50s from a guy he replaced one lens and I believe it was $50. Ill see if I can find the receipt. To be honest guys your best bet is to call/email there customer service. Super easy to talk with and they are really fast at responding. I lost my objective cover for my spotting scope and in 3 days I had a new one free of charge.

Thanks, I'm gonna send these in. It will be interesting because I bought them a long time ago from a place in France before they had their warranty service country-specific. They actually have the black rubber coating instead of the green, which if I understood correctly was not an option for US sales at the time. Back then, I paid $1117 including the VAT. That's how old I'm getting, lol.

As always, I appreciate the feedback and I'll let you know how it goes.

My 15s have been there for 5 weeks already but I needed ocular lens replaced.

Here is an excerpt from the email I received:

"...Lead time for most repairs or installations will be approximately 6 to 8 weeks from the day we receive the item. If your product needs to be sent to our Austrian facility for repair, the time will be 6 to 8 weeks. Kahles products can take 8 to 10 weeks."

I got a call today after about 4 weeks to ask if I was willing to pay $133 to proceed with my repair. My 12s had a scratched ocular and torn rubber on one barrel. I think $133 is fair.

The lesson learned here is the never let someone else touch your glass!

I got a call today after about 4 weeks to ask if I was willing to pay $133 to proceed with my repair. My 12s had a scratched ocular and torn rubber on one barrel. I think $133 is fair.

The lesson learned here is the never let someone else touch your glass!

way fair. I got charged 275 by Leica last year and now binos are sitting here broken again.

Thanks, I'm gonna send these in. It will be interesting because I bought them a long time ago from a place in France before they had their warranty service country-specific. They actually have the black rubber coating instead of the green, which if I understood correctly was not an option for US sales at the time. Back then, I paid $1117 including the VAT. That's how old I'm getting, lol.

As always, I appreciate the feedback and I'll let you know how it goes.

Call them to see if they need to go to Austria since you bought them in France. The new ones can also be ordered in Hunter Orange but I'm not sure if that is an option yet for the US market.