Sign in to follow this  
no worries

WTB. Triclawps or similar device

Anyone have a used triclawps (claw) that they want to sell?

Im open to other brands as well.

Thanks Jim

If you have a Pic rail a whole lot of options open up. I have small ( 3 - 5 Slot) Pic rails on most of my rifles for my bipods. I just bought a Magpul 5 slot polymer to try today on an ultralight 300.

It would be better to have the balance closer to the middle if you want to use it on a tripod.

Here is one of the quick release Pic rail adapters I use. I just add the correct tripod plate to it.

https://www.amazon.com/CVLIFE-Quick-Detach-Adapter-Weaver/dp/B06XPGKQZC/ref=sr_1_51?ie=UTF8&qid=1533779495&sr=8-51&keywords=picatinny+quick+release

post-4031-0-78054900-1533780511_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for the info on other products. Ill look into them. Ill

If you have a Pic rail a whole lot of options open up. I have small ( 3 - 5 Slot) Pic rails on most of my rifles for my bipods. I just bought a Magpul 5 slot polymer to try today on an ultralight 300.

It would be better to have the balance closer to the middle if you want to use it on a tripod.

Here is one of the quick release Pic rail adapters I use. I just add the correct tripod plate to it.

https://www.amazon.com/CVLIFE-Quick-Detach-Adapter-Weaver/dp/B06XPGKQZC/ref=sr_1_51?ie=UTF8&qid=1533779495&sr=8-51&keywords=picatinny+quick+release

Looks like my wife and i could set up on a buck with that without even arguing. 😂 by time i get her set up with the stupid thing i use on tripod deer are long gone so are the birds and any other living creature within 1/2 mile or so.

MMACFIVE, How are you mounting that to the gun and tripod? Can you post some close up pics? Thx!

• Like 1

I have Pick Rails on all my guns. Some are just sling stud to pic rail adapters, others are permanently installed.I mount one of my tripod adapter plates to a quick release pic rail adapter and clamp it onto my gun.

The problem with this system is it is mounted too far forward for proper balance. You need to get locked in behind the gun or have some kind of rear support. It would be nice to have it closer to the center of gravity. I've seriously considered putting a 1/4-20 insert into my stock just ahead of the front action screw. I'm pretty happy with a Little Sure Shot Gun Rest right now (you can kinda see it attached to one leg of the tripod in my picture). You can attach it anywhere you want on a tripod leg and go from prone to standing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Thunderbolt-Customs-Little-Sure-Shot-Gun-Rest-Ultra-Big-Mouth-Green-UB-2011-G/253795146335?hash=item3b175e9a5f%3Ag%3Axp8AAOSwgRpbZHVl&_sacat=0&_nkw=little+sure+shot+gun+rest&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

I hope this helps.

post-4031-0-30750700-1533913037_thumb.jpg

post-4031-0-29499400-1533913078_thumb.jpg

post-4031-0-58574900-1533913109_thumb.jpg