hoghntr

Ok i was donated a 13b archery tag NOW WHAT? 😯

Yep only choice for me is water and hiring a guide is absolutely not a option so please no more messages of who to hire. Ya'll depressing me! 😳

Β 

Thanks to those who have sent info i appreciate it. Chances are i will let the dust settle a bit and head up half way thru hunt since i fear telling my doc im going camping 1 day after she removes all my stitches might not go well. At best i will be walking with crutches that means unable to set up my camp and drive myself around. Working on wifey now to see if she is up to it. ;)

Β 

Thanks and happy hunting

I hear there are 30-40 cameras on every water hole so you should be able to buy some information since every deer is inventoried and named. :D :lol: :D

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Red Sparky said:

I hear there are 30-40 cameras on every water hole so you should be able to buy some information since every deer is inventoried and named. :D :lol: :D

Maybe I can just get their info so I can access their webcams from my home computer that way I don't have to leave the house till I no one's coming in to drink. πŸ™‚

Anybody send me a message or did send me a message say last night when I first logged on today I have the access to read the message and then I lost them with this new discussion forum design I cannot figure out how to open my mail lol I know Amanda still working on it so sorry if I don't reply to you I have no stinking idea how to find the messages as of now😐

Make sure that you dig out all of the lead, gold, and silver out of the gut pile.  And put up a danger sign to that effect that this gut pile is known to cause cancer in California animals.😎

2 hours ago, ThomC said:

Make sure that you dig out all of the lead, gold, and silver out of the gut pile.  And put up a danger sign to that effect that this gut pile is known to cause cancer in California animals.😎

Carbon and steel this hunt

Not Hunts for Heroes ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuntHarder said:

You are a lucky guy. Seems like you get a tag donated to you every year.

The guy comes back homeΒ with a myriad of health issuesΒ afterΒ serving our country in Iraq .Β  Right now he is sitting on his sofa with his foot in a cast after his 18th gazillion surgery.

Β  I suppose "lucky" is a relative term.Β 

• Like 5

Congrats on the tag! Β I’m up here now and have been for over a week and will be till we kill something. Β Hopefully all these storms stop for you, been raining every day. Β Lots of water in most all the ponds, everything is green and beautiful. Β The bucks are down from most years. Β Find a buck ya like and torch him!! Β Best of luck

Β 

happy huntingΒ 

• Like 1

On 8/15/2018 at 5:56 PM, HuntHarder said:

You are a lucky guy. Seems like you get a tag donated to you every year.

I have had a few tags donated. I have yet to fill a donatd tag. I still put in for tags and the good part is if when my tag rolls around I'm unable to hunt I can hope that I get a donated tag for the next season when I'm able. So far that's how it's been working out. Yes most of the time the Hunts have been like a late archery elk which is little more difficult and success rate isn't real high but few have been general season hunts i just haven't been able to close the deal. When it comes to deer most hunts only last 1 week it's much better on my body to not push it and try and hunt every day matter of fact i usually only hunt afternoons. Coming home and after a week of hunting then not being able to walk for a month kinda pisses off family ya know, this behavior already cost me 1 marriage. I used to take prednisone to be able to have better hunts but that cost me my hips.. The hunting addictiction is REAL.

It's been a Blessing to myself and many others that they have these programs but i have also learned often my fortune comes from somebody else's misfortune. Such as last year a gentleman and his brother had put in to hunt elk together and by the time they were drawn one of the brothers found out he had cancer so both tags ended up being donated because the brother had very short time to live.Β Donated tags like that really wanna make you honor that donation this tag that were talking about the gentlemen's kids were drawn for an archery Antelope hunt the following weekend out of state and he doesn't have time to do both so he chose to put his time into his kids rather than spending it all on himself.Β 

Thankful for the opportunity.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Check out my wheelchair van in the classifieds.

I'm not there yet man although often my wife wishes I would. LOL she gets a little sick of me saying I can't do things on certain days she'd rather I just hop in a wheelchair and make the best of it but I'm not quite ready for that. So far for me wheelchairs are just for post up. πŸ‘