Well, I decided to get out of the house while my Wife and Grandmother went shopping this morning.....

I decided to hike into a water hole in a piece of country that Huntn' coues and I have been kickin' around in for years.... I have sent archery elk hunters and turkey hunters into the area for years.... but, never mentioned that little puddle of a pond. HC had a close incounter with a bear there this spring while turkey hunting.... :lol: :rolleyes: ;) ( You knew I was gunna bring that up, Troy!!!) :lol: :P

Anyhow, I kick a few elk off of the water as I walk up and and my dog runs down and jumps in the water as I spy a new looking salt block.... :rolleyes: ...as I look around for a camera or a tree stand..... Nada, then I see this....

post-996-1219007231.jpg

So I walk closer..... too see what the sign reads....... :rolleyes:

post-996-1219007553.jpg

:huh: <_< Then I begin to laugh.... :lol: :lol: Unbelievable!!!! I'm trespassing!!! :lol: :lol:

Anyhow, if this is your "set-up" I'd like you to contact me....

I don't want any problems when you find my camera on Your Water Hole.... If you had left your name and number I would have simply called you..... but, I doubt that you really plan to hunt the "whole hunt" and it is a rather broad statement.... :rolleyes: I'd hate to walk my wife in there just to have you walking in, too. I, afterall, have many other places to hunt. I just liked this spot for the same obvious reasons you do.... ;)

Why is that camo netting so high up off the ground?

That sign sure does not say alot. For all I know maybe he/she wrote that sign for you and your wife :blink:

Like you mentioned it would be nice if there was a name and number attached to it.

Wow! I didn't know we could "call" an area.....is that sorta like calling "shotgun"?

<_< Get out of my spot you Dirt Bag :angry:

:ph34r:

HAHaHa..... :lol: :P :lol:

I know it is not you Mike..... for two reasons: 1) You would have put your name and Ph #..... 2) You would never build a ground blind on the almost up-wind side of water... ;) :P

Thanks for the responses. ;) I sure hope some on here owns that sign..... it is not like I have my heart set on this spot for opening morning.... I would like to have it for a back up plan. My wife is not going to be picky she just wants a deer with a bow.. with a little luck she will be tagged out by noon on Friday at a water hole that I can't get a good and secure camera on. I'm thinkin' I will hang a Camera on a fence post while we hunt it.... ain't no one gunna steal it while we are in the blind with our bows! :lol: I am really stroked cuz this "plan A" water hole has a bear hitting it and the unit opens on Friday too!!! Please stay dry all week!!!!! :D

<_< Get out of my spot you Dirt Bag :angry:

:ph34r:

Don't worry I know it's not you GH ;)

It's a long walk in :o

:lol: :lol: :P

Start now and we will see who puts on the most miles

when we meet in the middle ;)

Ready, Set, Go :huh:

It is just unbelievable to me that some people think they can "claim" a spot like that! It's only a matter of time before a stupid sign like this starts a fight and ends up getting someone hurt or killed.

Read the regs people. First come first served and that doesn't mean claiming your spot a month in advance!

Gino, You brought something up that had been bothering me for a couple weeks. I have a stand on some water that I plan on sitting next Friday. I was going to leave a note asking anybody else interested in sitting the stand to contact me so we could work out a schedule. I never did, mainly because I didn't feel it was right to stake my claim on the stand. This stand has been there for years, and was built by a friend of mine. I will most likely get there very early and hope the other hunter doesn't start trouble. The fella that put up that sign is very bold. I think you might want to get back in there and hang some of your work socks in the blind to help with scent control. David

I had a good friend show me a pit blind in 19a one time that was almost all filled in with dirt so I went out and spent

alot of time digging it out and putting up some netting for shade and when I was done I left a note saying I have this

hunt on these dates and planned on sitting that blind from time to time and left my name and number on that note.

Well a few weeks later I had a fellow call me up and said he would not mind sitting it when I was not. We later met up

on the hunt and shared the blind.

Worked out great!

I put up my blinds 3 weeks ago . on one spot there was a little more traffic in there then normal . we got a lot of rain so I thought I would go check them out the road up was washed out pretty bad when I got to the hill there were trees in the road that had been cut down after I got through and to the blind it laying on the ground I put it back up . I was smelling something rotten . someone had put a dead dove inside the screen and window .

Last year there was someone who hunted this tank a few days I saw there Quad and I left he never knew I was there he was there first and I let him be now I have someone trashing the place .

Bruce