Of course there are no reservations on public land. (Unless you are a rancher) I'm sure that all you boys that are mocking this guy would just walk away with a big smile on your face if you found someone sitting in "your" treestand or blind.

Mark

Ha ha very good point Mark.

As a matter of fact... I've done just that. I had a stand up once and as I was coming in I noticed a guy sitting just below it in a au natural ground blind he must have just built. I simply just backed out. Pretty sure he killed a cow elk off there that nite.

I know you already have a cam there, and Maybe its just me, but if I were to come across that sign, I would just go to a different spot.

Its not like its the only spot in the world, and the possiblity of a problem by having you both sit there is high, it might get ugly.

(If it were me,) I'd just go somewhere else. I would consider it being poilite to another hunter. Seems like he was just leaving a note out of courtesy, and also so that nobody might be so inclined to steal his volleyball net ha ha.

Not saying thats what YOU all should do, but thats what I would do, flame on.

[/quote

I agree with Headache! ;)

PH

That sign doesn't mean jack s*^t! If there was a number I would surly call, but without a number I would plan on hunting the area with a quick back up plan near by in case someone shows up. I would probablly have torn the sign down if it was me that stumbled upon it. "Littering is unlawful" :angry:

Had something similar happen this spring turkey season. Really chapped me because some guy who I watched go the other way shortly before came by after I had already got set up and expected me to leave the area. NOT.

Guess I'd a whipped out my pen and used the posted note as a sign up sheet for people to reserve their time in the blind.

I lost a tree stand during the 04 Archery bull hunt, at first I thought it was someone that didn't want me to hunt "their" waterhole. I didn't end up hunting at that paticular spot and everthing worked out for the best on my hunt. When I draw my next bull tag (G & F promised me one next year in 9) I will put a note with a number on any stand/blind I leave and welcome a rotation or just work with someone if they call.

I think you should leave your number and hope that guy calls you. Tensions can run high for access to water for the archery bull hunts, so be the bigger person and try to work it out. Everyone of us has room for improvement I would imagine, obviously this guy does. :unsure:

I do think signs (with phone numbers) are a great way to communicate with other hunters in high pressure areas.

I coppied this from the AZGFD 2008 Hunting Regulations.

Posting Signs

The U.S. Forest Service would like to remind

you that posting or erecting any unauthorized

paper notice, sign or similar matter on lands

administered by the U.S. Forest Service is a

violation of the Code of Federal Regulations.

A couple of years ago in unit 27, I found the same paper note on 4 differnt water holes saying that some guy would be hunting there. He left his first name and phone number. I reported it to the local FS law enforcement agent. This agent said this was becoming a huge problem. The law enforcement agent called the guy and asked him which stand he would be hunting opening morning. The guy told him where he would be opening morning, and the FS Law enforcement agent showed up there opening morning and wrote the guy a $350.00 ticket!

I have also seen the same thing in unit 22. All you have to do is report it to the FS. If the guy is stupid enough to leave his name or number on the paper note, the FS will have a easy time writing him a $350.00 ticket.

Guys, just obey the law, and we can all get along!

I coppied this from the AZGFD 2008 Hunting Regulations.

Posting Signs

The U.S. Forest Service would like to remind

you that posting or erecting any unauthorized

paper notice, sign or similar matter on lands

administered by the U.S. Forest Service is a

violation of the Code of Federal Regulations.

A couple of years ago in unit 27, I found the same paper note on 4 differnt water holes saying that some guy would be hunting there. He left his first name and phone number. I reported it to the local FS law enforcement agent. This agent said this was becoming a huge problem. The law enforcement agent called the guy and asked him which stand he would be hunting opening morning. The guy told him where he would be opening morning, and the FS Law enforcement agent showed up there opening morning and wrote the guy a $350.00 ticket!

I have also seen the same thing in unit 22. All you have to do is report it to the FS. If the guy is stupid enough to leave his name or number on the paper note, the FS will have a easy time writing him a $350.00 ticket.

Guys, just obey the law, and we can all get along!

Well I don't think leaving signs is such a good idea anymore after reading this. Never knew it was against the law. Just figured if you could leave all your materials used for building the blind you should be able to leave a small piece of paper also. What about all the paper plate signs I see every hunting season on trees and stop signs that say so and so's camp this way. Could someone get a ticket for putting one of these up?

I think that we should all do our best not to communicate with signs or anything else with other hunters. That way we can just show up to the spot with our big talk and fat attitudes and just duke it out with anyone else that shows up! Now that we are authorized to carry hand guns with our bows, heck, we could just shoot it out!

This guy with the sign is obviously looking for a fight. I say we should all show up to his blind opening morning and kick his butt for trying to communicate!

Mark

I think that we should all do our best not to communicate with signs or anything else with other hunters. That way we can just show up to the spot with our big talk and fat attitudes and just duke it out with anyone else that shows up! Now that we are authorized to carry hand guns with our bows, heck, we could just shoot it out!

This guy with the sign is obviously looking for a fight. I say we should all show up to his blind opening morning and kick his butt for trying to communicate!

Mark

Now we are getting somewhere, NOT (Borat)