I think they might be planning on playin Volly Ball while they wait for the deer and elk to come in so they set up a cammo net to play.

That's funny but that can easily turn into major awkward moment... who the heck leaves a note like that!! like you said-- that's a pretty broad statement.. good luck with it.

those cute little signs make great toilet paper...

Good idea! That is so arrogant I would probably take a Nixon right in the blind.

He isnt saying "leave this spot alone", it looks to me like he is trying to not have his blind stolen under the abandoned property law. If he said "go away I was here first," then I would say "what an idiot, you lose."

I know you already have a cam there, and Maybe its just me, but if I were to come across that sign, I would just go to a different spot.

Its not like its the only spot in the world, and the possiblity of a problem by having you both sit there is high, it might get ugly.

(If it were me,) I'd just go somewhere else. I would consider it being poilite to another hunter. Seems like he was just leaving a note out of courtesy, and also so that nobody might be so inclined to steal his volleyball net ha ha.

Not saying thats what YOU all should do, but thats what I would do, flame on.

Why is that camo netting so high up off the ground?

Its not that high up, Gino is just so tall. :lol: :lol:

I just don't get people sometimes....I found a tree stand last year one a water hole last year that had a sign statingI will be using the stand from September such & such to September such & such, please be courteous and respectful. :blink:

I laughed and headed out and came to a road that was roped off leading to the stand. Some people. <_<

-Jeremy-

I for one think leaving a sign is a good idea for the most part as long as it is done as a heads up to others that someone is planning one hunting that spot. Knowing someone is planning on hunting a spot can be good for many reasons. If the spot isn't that good you could just find another and not even mess with it or if the spot is a kick A location and you really want to hunt it you now know you need to get there earlier than the other guy if I want to hunt it. Or like someone stated earlier if a phone number is left you could always call the person and work out times to use it so there isn't any conflict come opening day. As long as people aren't staking their claim on spots I see nothing wrong with leaving a sign as long as people remember it's FIRST COME FIRST SERVE there shouldn't be any problems.

I came across a similar situation several years ago. There was a blind built by a drinker with a sign just like the one you saw. I copied the page from the regs regarding first come first served and slipped it in with his little note. I went to that drinker several times during that season and never saw anybody..... :unsure:

Richard

A few years back before the archery elk hunt in 22 i was out checking some of my favorite tanks. This is summer time mind you and the hunt is not until november. Anyway at the first tank i get to is a treestand maybe 8 feet of the ground with a sign in it sayin that Fred and Barney (cant remember their real names) will be hunting this tank on the november archery hunt. No biggie i thought. Well after going to 8 different tanks and finding the same style homemade treestand and the same note tagged to it i started getting a little perturbed. Theres only two guys hunting 8 stands? So what were the rest of us to do? Wait for opening day so we could see where these guys would LET us hunt?

Of course there are no reservations on public land. (Unless you are a rancher) I'm sure that all you boys that are mocking this guy would just walk away with a big smile on your face if you found someone sitting in "your" treestand or blind.

Mark