Coach

Couldn't be more ready

Well, this year's hunt started about 11 months ago when I came home with an unfilled tag. Not that I didn't have opportunities to take bucks, I was after a real bruiser. I spent days scouting, hours pouring over maps, you know the drill. Packed in far away from all other hunters, saw tons of deer, a mating pair of bald eagles, a young lion (which didn't present a shot before taking off on a stalk of a pair of young does I was watching). All in all, it was a great hunt, but the trophy eluded me.

As luck would have it, I'm going back in for another tour in the same unit. Hopefully all the retrospective second guessing, weekends of scouting and hours of rifle practice will pay off with. The camper is parked, time-off from work secured, ballistic charts taped to both rifles. It feels really good.

Here's wishing all of you coues addicts lucky enough to draw a December tag good luck, and a hope for hunt as fulfilling and enjoyable as last year's!

Take Care,

Jason - AKA AZOnecam

Treestandman and myself are heading out tonight after work for our hunt as well. Like mentioned above, we've spent a great deal of time and effort working up to this point and now are just crossing our fingers for a little bit of luck to boot. I just hope I can keep Treestandman from shooting the first little weiner buck that runs by! I have 10 days to hunt and will be looking for something to top my best buck to date, which scores 101 inches. I'm sure either Treestandman or myself will be keeping everyone posted. Good luck to everyone!

That won't be a problem as long as you can run to the deer faster than I can!

Good Luck to all you late tag holders!

AZONECAM: Your first post looks like that of a true sportsman. Take the whole experience in, and enjoy what you do find, even if it is not a filled tag.

I am sort of in withdrawal right now since this is the time I usually go hunting. Did not get a tag so whoever got (my) tag, good Luck!

Well Fellow hunters,

TAM and I are off to southeastern AZ to see if we can't tag wall mounters. Good luck to everyone. Be safe and hunt hard.

post-478-1103777450.jpg

Well, thanks to all you well-wishers out there! It turned out to be a tough hunt. My partner and I were finding only a few small bucks in the first couple days of the hunt. One of the guys in our camp who was helping my buddy's brothers spotted a big buck but they weren't able to get a shot and ended up taking a smaller buck. They told us where they had seen the big guy and after a couple of days of hunting him hard, I got lucky and was in the right place at the right time. This buck is a 3x4 and rough scores around 106 5/8 gross, and just over 100 net non-typical (unofficial). A special thanks to Steve who found the buck. We still have 2 tags in our group to fill, so we'll be going out after Christmas. Hopefully our luck will continue.

Congrats on a tremendous buck! Good luck to your friend but this will be tough to top. Hope all you Dec. rifle hunters leave some of the big boys out there for us Jan. bowhunters to chase around!

couesdiehard