Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

Trying to find this ruin..

It looks like it hasn’t been messed with that much.  Not like the ruins in 3a.  From 1995 til about 2003, all the ones I knew about have been excavated around Holbrook and Snowflake.  One is still untouched but I expect it to be gone soon as the wind turbines brought roads closer to it.  I wish I could have caught the people that did it while they were in the act.

• Like 1

Found it. I'll go peek next weekend. Telling ya, NOT easy to find on google earth. 

I've been to a lot of the ruins around New River Mesa. Here's some native graffiti from there. 

Nevermind... I can't find the pic in my phone

Found it... lol

20161001_094614.jpg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Desertguide said:

I've been to a lot of the ruins around New River Mesa. Here's some native graffiti from there. 

Nevermind... I can't find the pic in my phone

Found it... lol

20161001_094614.jpg

Awesome!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Awesome!

Beautiful. Be careful.

Lots of ruins on Table Mesa Rd and just up the Agua Fria. White Mesa, North Fort and South Fort.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jazz said:

Found it. I'll go peek next weekend. Telling ya, NOT easy to find on google earth. 

I've been planning to take a trip up there myself after reading about the old stone fences, which ALSO are hard to find on google earth.  Now have two reasons!

51 minutes ago, HuntHike61 said:

I've been planning to take a trip up there myself after reading about the old stone fences, which ALSO are hard to find on google earth.  Now have two reasons!

I saw those as well- I’ve got three spots to check out up there. I’ll take the drone and see if I can get some shots.

1 hour ago, zackcarp said:

I love this stuff. Way cool!

S1010006_zpszwxjybpm.jpg.fb58260ba6958e51025cf19c300b754b.jpgFB_IMG_1569300268883.jpg.6468ac8993ad26e0dd91faba92eabfbe.jpg

• Like 7
  • Wow! 2

Not sure if your headed to the same place but we rode mules up that mesa like 10 years ago and found some rock fences and corrals. Worst ride ive ever been on, nasty nasty country

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

Not sure if your headed to the same place but we rode mules up that mesa like 10 years ago and found some rock fences and corrals. Worst ride ive ever been on, nasty nasty country

No wonder Tater and Teddy hate you, Mike

Most believe those walls and Corrales are from sheep herders.

2 hours ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

That's no BS!!! I've hunted in there quite a bit on foot and it'll wear you out quick. Looks like a yellow grass golf course till you get into it. Nice thing is you won't see a soul hunting those canyons.