peckl1

Looking for a docter

1 hour ago, jdown said:

Can your shoot less poundage?  I tore a ligament, dropped 7-8lbs and was able to shoot just fine.  Even if you go down to 50lbs still lethal. I get confused on all the xbow and air bow guys that can’t shoot 50lbs but can hold up a trophy bull.  

Don’t mess this up man, the dude wants to air mail one in from 140yd with a xbow. I can’t say I don’t wish I could do the same!  

I am at 50 lbs on my bow. Still can't draw it back. And yotebuster I'm not trying to kill something at 140 yds. I can get within 50!

I don't know the why's but I do know that lifting vs. drawing a bow are vastly different things.  I can lift 65lbs but drawing a bow is a different deal.  I can do it but suffer the consequences.  I think the inability to put the repetition in at practice leads to ethical questions.  If I can draw a bow and shoot at an animal, is that ethical if my injury prohibits practice?  (After several draws I aggravate my neck injury. I experience pain radiating down my arm and lose sensation in my hand.  I just can't ethically hunt with a bow right now.   Many people find themselves in this situation which is why temporary crossbow permits are available.

This is Peckl1's threat and I am not looking to hijack it or start a fight.  Just saying that injuries and disabilities are not always readily apparent.  Peckl1 was looking for a doc that could certify his disability.  

Plus 1 on chiropractor.  And maybe he can get you moving a little better as well.   

• Like 1

Savagman thanks for the backup. Signed up on with one of TheJoint offices in Tucson .It seems to be helping. I got a crossbow from Sportsmans and am getting ready for Aug 20th.

We have received over 15inches of rain on the Marley Ranch. 

My days with a Bow are done. Will be 65 3 weeks from today. I am a lefty and had my whole left shoulder rebuilt 7 years ago. Haven't even tried a bow cause I don't wanna blow it out again. now my right shoulder is giving me the same problems. Am even afraid to try golf! Time next year for Crossbow. I have no hunts this year ,thats good. I Spent so much Money on trips around the country in the last 10 months it drained me. But I had fun . Been gone over 100 days in that time period. Thats what retirement should be. Just had a Great Buddy pass 2 weeks ago at 65. I wanna do things while I can still enjoy it. You can sit home when You get old! Got an Elk hunt lined up in Wyoming next year with my 11 points. Life is to enjoy. Hope all are successful this and Good luck to Everyone. Enjoy!.....................BOB!

• Like 5

17 hours ago, naturebob said:

My days with a Bow are done. Will be 65 3 weeks from today. I am a lefty and had my whole left shoulder rebuilt 7 years ago. Haven't even tried a bow cause I don't wanna blow it out again. now my right shoulder is giving me the same problems. Am even afraid to try golf! Time next year for Crossbow. I have no hunts this year ,thats good. I Spent so much Money on trips around the country in the last 10 months it drained me. But I had fun . Been gone over 100 days in that time period. Thats what retirement should be. Just had a Great Buddy pass 2 weeks ago at 65. I wanna do things while I can still enjoy it. You can sit home when You get old! Got an Elk hunt lined up in Wyoming next year with my 11 points. Life is to enjoy. Hope all are successful this and Good luck to Everyone. Enjoy!.....................BOB!

Don't forget to sign up for Part B.

• Like 1