Sign in to follow this  
Shawn

Packable rain gear?

I am looking for lightweight packable rain gear, what I have now is to bulking. Whats everyone using? 

51 minutes ago, Shawn said:

I am looking for lightweight packable rain gear, what I have now is to bulking. Whats everyone using? 

Shawn, 

Depends if you are trying to use absolutely the lightest gear for packing. I have Kuiu Katana which is around 18 ounces and Kuiu just came out with Chugach TR at 14 ounces.

Personally, the Chugach felt a little too thin for my liking and will give my Katana a good test in Alaska next August on a Dall Sheep hunt. Both are extremely breathable and built great like all Kuiu gear.

Take care, Mark

• Like 1

I work out side for a living and I didn't want to spend top dollar on rain gear I would use a few times a year. So I bought Colombia brand rain jacket and pants and havnt looked back.

• Like 1

Frog Toggs. Cheap, Easy, and disposable. They come in a nice flat package and pack well in a pack. I believe they even come in camo patterns if you didn't want the normal solid colors. Last time I bought a pair I think they were like 12 bucks at Big5. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, STOMP442 said:

Frog Toggs. Cheap, Easy, and disposable. They come in a nice flat package and pack well in a pack. I believe they even come in camo patterns if you didn't want the normal solid colors. Last time I bought a pair I think they were like 12 bucks at Big5. 

This right here

9 hours ago, Vowell said:

This right here

Camo Frogg Toggs is what I have now.  I need to Look at another kind from them because what I have is to bulky.  Thanks for the reply

• Like 1