Sign in to follow this  
idgaf

4b rifle antelope hunting is hard.

My friend waited 20 years for this tag. After some lack luster scouting trips. Him and my brother called me. I told them because of the giant deer I will be there anyway so sure I will help.  

Day 1 they are on the west end so I go to east end. From the highway I see this guy

20210903_061902.thumb.jpg.605525d5912c887a663ec68ad5fc79f9.jpg

they see two does.  I text a couple of pics and go to an undisturbed spot and catch 5 more small bucks 

20210903_070249.thumb.jpg.d1284cfee77dbfd881f4df3f2085bdba.jpg

The afternoon we go together see some small far off bucks 

Next morning they are back to the west and I go to east end. See the same buck from the morning previous and after a couple of fruitless hours he decides to make a play on it. We get to 423 yards and the wind changes. Than it's a track race that we lose between the antelope, a jeep that see the commotion and a herd of elk. 

That evening we find a giant after watching 3 sxs trying to herd a group to their hunter.  

Sunday my friend and brother look for that big one and I look for that original buck (now missing)  and then take side roads from Heber to Holbrook. BTW you would be surprised at the amount of elk by Holbrook.  

Monday rolls they go in the big ones area and I look for the original buck. They find some antelope and more hunters the meet me mid morning. We sneak in to 318 yards and nerves get the best of him

20210906_104931.thumb.jpg.97f1a855ba9c51c5f275d6e053c32100.jpg

We track them for about 3/4 of mile than they spook into the trees 

By luck we get to 180 yards. I thought rifle hunting would be easy 

• Like 5

I've seen more people miss on antelope on their 1st shot than any other animal. Congrats to you guys!!!!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, sigfour said:

Well done !  Congrats to you guys. I also had the 4b rifle tag. 

How did you do

57 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

Bet you saw some giant bucks and bulls

I ain't kidding next time I get the tag. I'm hunting by Holbrook 

You think it’s tough with a rifle…I had and archery antelope  tag this year. Killed a small buck on the 10th day. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, idgaf said:

How did you do

I tagged on Saturday morning. Will share in a new post

• Like 1

6 hours ago, oz31p said:

You think it’s tough with a rifle…I had and archery antelope  tag this year. Killed a small buck on the 10th day. 

I know what you mean. Had a few (5) archery tags this was my last buck.  

FB_IMG_1536381879903.thumb.jpg.1d190c2ccbd4f0d2e84c5c12eb9335a2.jpg

• Like 2

Unit 10 sucks, son got a real small buck, saw maybe 30 goats 6 bucks, 3 decent , one got wacked s2 were running ridges and were not accessible big Bo was way over rated and hunted. Talked to game warden and he said there has been to many tags for last 3 years, next year big tag reduction. One big unit. Thanks for everyones help.

• Like 2