Sign in to follow this  
Jfos

Big game hunting rifle info

19 hours ago, roninflag said:

the rifle/barrel is more important than the caliber. 

What rifle/barrel do you recommend. 
Any large game AZ species

17 hours ago, Jfos said:

What rifle/barrel do you recommend. 
Any large game AZ species

Whats your budget?

If you are going to buy a rifle Christensen arms M 14 300 win. VG customer service and they shoot really good. There was one listed for sale on cwt for 1700. Great rifle if your in a hurry and need it for a hunt. 

The CA ridgeline comes with a trigger tech in it so down the road the only thing you may want to change is the stock. Once you add up the parts to build one that ridgeline looks really good.

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-gear-gun-supplies/rifles/christensen-arms-ridgeline-blackstainless-bolt-action-rifle-300-winchester-magnum-26in/p/1469074

If your going to build one Defiance Tenacity or a Kelby action and a Bartlien M 24 24/26 inches carbon fiber 5 r 1/9 twist. Mesa carbon fiber stock and a trigger tech special trigger.

https://redhawkrifles.com/defiance-machine-tenacity-action/

If your going to buy a 270 win. theres a ton of factory rifles choose from.

Lots of people are going to tell you to buy a tikka but they dont stand behind their product when theres a serious problem. 

I was introduced to the 270 by my uncle.  It has done well with everything I have hunted in AZ.  Solid caliber that is underrated I think, I have two of them both Weatherby and I have no complaints on them.  Everyone has an opinion and all of those have a price range. I don't shoot enough to justify any of it.  Pick a rifle/caliber and and get good with it.

• Like 1