Sign in to follow this  
AzHunter_15

Waterfowl taxidermist

Anyone have a person they could refer to get a duck mounted? Trying not to break the bank but will pay for good work. Thanks. 

wildlifewings@gmail.com, swen eberson.  I ignored the part about breaking the bank.  You pay for what you get.  Swen can be hard to get ahold of but his work is excellent.  

• Like 1

Guest akaspecials
2 hours ago, Big Tub said:

wildlifewings@gmail.com, swen eberson.  I ignored the part about breaking the bank.  You pay for what you get.  Swen can be hard to get ahold of but his work is excellent.  

I agree with Big Tub.

I have not had work done by Sven, and also had difficulty contacting, but he did respond and he graciously gave me 5 to 10 minutes of his time.  I have seen at least 2 very nice pieces done by him. His prices were fair last time I checked (4 or 5 years ago maybe), when the quality is considered. 

Otherwise I would consider sending out of state. Not many guys get to work with waterfowl around here. 

Make sure you talk to the taxidermist about how to care for it. Last time I checked with mine he wanted head under wing put head first into a pantyhose and frozen. I know I've ruined a few I wanted to mount due to poor care of the feathers on my part. 

Hartland taxidermy she is one of the best around. I've had quite a few birds done by a few different companies. She doses all my birds and has done work for friends and family. Very good price good turnaround times and you couldn’t meet nicer people than her and her husband. 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 7:35 AM, Big Tub said:

He is going to be doing  a flying Canadian  for $275 he did my goulds turkey and doing my boys merriams now! Awesome work i have his cell number if need it can txt or call him, i havnt  had a issue reaching him