Grayghos

San Carlos tag fees way up

Passion about these topics is good BUT at the end of the day we are all hunters and that is the one thing that unites us all..

Happy New Years..

jason

:rolleyes:

I watched a movie last night that reminded me of this thread and others that got somewhat heated.

Monte Walsh was the title. During 1 scene, a bunch of ranch hand cowboys got into a fight. the all went after each other and pretty much it was 6 guys against 6 guys. The foreman walks in on the fight and says, what is the fight about? They all stop brawling and start laughing cause no one could remember the reason. It came down to this: It was a bunch of guys blowing off some steam.

Food for thought...

Like the old bud light commercial . One guy goes up and hugs another guy and says " I Love you man " the other guy replies, " No you can't have my bud light"

What do you mean am I talking to you? Chillout man you need to go for a walk or go out and burn up some energy. Who you are you calling a pile of sticks? Cheer up it's January the start of a new year a time to go outdoors!

i take a little vacation and the kids start actin' like a buncha brats. dang. Amanda, please repost the name callin' ones. i wanna see if there were any new ones, in case i get in a name callin' fight with somebody. bottom line is, the tribes can do whatever they want to. it is a real pisser for them to be pretty much supported by the federal gov't. and yet at the same time get to do whatever they want on the rez. but it's sorta like what i like to call the blue whale syndrome. why does the blue whale, the largest animal ever to inhabit planet earth, only have a throat the same size as a human? because that's the way it is. and don't get yanked off at the individual indian. they're pretty good folks. their politics stink, just like everbody elses, but them apaches are pretty decent folks. i have to agree with some of the game wardens bein' pricks. i've had some try some real stupid things with me a couple times and that's why i seldom venture onto the rez anymore. but again, go back to the blue whale. things could be better everywhere. i was raised on the edge of the san carlos rez and when younger spent more time there hunting and fishing and trapping than about anywhere else. caught more trout in some of the neatest places you can imagine than you could haul with a semi. hunted and took every big game animal they had to offer. and it was cheap. in some cases, free. the reason they have the trophies they have is because of the high prices they charge now. not too many folks can afford it. too bad too, because it's a neat place. there is some real resentment between apaches and white folks. if i was raised an apache i might have some of the same feelings. it's a rotten deal all the way around. the first feller that carried my name over hear from the Isles landed at Plymouth rock in 1630. so i'm a native too. the apaches showed up in southern Az. and northern mexico at about the same time the spaniards showed up from the south. so their claim to being some indigenous native sorta doesn't hit me right. them and the navajos are eskimos that migrated down from up north. the pueblo indians and yaquis had been here for thousands of years before the athbascan tongued tribes showed up. the yaquis in mexico still hate apaches. the apaches moved in on land they figgerd was their's and there was a lot of fighting. probably more fighting between the apaches and the folks in mexico went on than ever took place between the apaches and the folks north o' the border. this water rights fight that is going on right now between the apaches and the farmers is a lot more unsettling to me than them charging a bunch for a permit, and has a lot o' potential to really devestate a lot of folks. but again, it's the politicians and a couple jackass lawyers, not the regular ol' run o' the mill apache, that is doing it. the individual apaches won't see any benefit from it. some lawyers will get rich and some of the high rankin' tribal folks will, but not Joe Indian. the way the rez's are run is a travesty. lotsa graft. lotsa payoffs. their politics are pretty messed up. just a couple years ago some "opposition" folks took over the tribal buildings and run out the elected officials and they sorta had 2 adminstrations for awhile. a lot like some of the "coue" stuff you see in 3rd world countries. but again, go back to the blue whale. but give em a few more years and they'll be able to do all the stuff without everyone else knowing about it. just like the politicians off the rez. yeah, rez politics and politicians and bureucrats are all a buncha jerks, but Joe Indian is a pretty good feller. and folks yellin' at each other about what goes on, on the rez, are just wastin' their breath. you ain't gonna change anything there. fight a fight you can win, like whuppin' uso and gettin' stinkin' napalitano unelected and gettin' some good folks on the azgfd commission. Lark.

People are gready and money brings out the worst in them. Doesn't matter who they are, what they do, or where they are from. :P

Here Here, Lark. Good to have you back!

Not only did they raise the tag prices, but they are forcing everyone to wear orange when hunting ANYTHING on the rez- effective immediately. This includes spring turkey, archery elk and coyote calling.

I'm done