zackcarp

Antis at it again. Lions and Bears.

Not directed at you. It was a generic statement towards the apathy prevalent in the hunting community. 

As to AGFD: I suppose they have to remain or appear neutral in this process. 

23 minutes ago, Newbie2012 said:

Not directed at you. It was a generic statement towards the apathy prevalent in the hunting community. 

As to AGFD: I suppose they have to remain or appear neutral in this process. 

Could the antis make quads go away?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

Well, join the antis and go ban atvs. Nobody’s stoping you.

The antis war chest is in the millions of dollars and growing everyday. Once the predator ban is on the ballot, it’s over. 

I hope you come back and comment on this thread once the initiative gets on the ballot and we lose predator hunting for good. 

AZG&F says they haven’t heard from hunters, well you would think they would know that all the hunters, res and non res don’t want to ban anything. If they start banning animals to hunt they will ban their self right out of businesses. AZG&F knows where hunters stand.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AZBIG10 said:

Would you send them money if they said yes? 

11 minutes ago, JSR said:

Would you send them money if they said yes? 

Apparently all I have to do is not write the us forest service that I enjoy them.

I wonder how many people that bought off road tags wrote the blm a love letter about how much they like riding Dudes quads

14 minutes ago, joe hunter said:

AZG&F says they haven’t heard from hunters, well you would think they would know that all the hunters, res and non res don’t want to ban anything. If they start banning animals to hunt they will ban their self right out of businesses. AZG&F knows where hunters stand.

This is why I can’t wrap my head around any of it.

The Humane Society has a story on their website that claims its legal for AZ hunters to kill sows with cubs and also kill the cubs. 

They include a link to AZ game and fish so their minions can express their fake outrage

instead of the Game and Fish taking the time and effort to demand they correct it…they spent their time and efforts to ban trail cameras. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AZBIG10 said:

Apparently all I have to do is not write the g&f that I enjoy them.

I wonder how many people that bought  off road tags wrote the g&f a love letter about how much they like riding.

Game and fish cant ban quads. They dont manage roads. They cant ban cameras either because they don't manage land use. 

2 minutes ago, JSR said:

Game and fish cant ban quads. They dont manage roads. They cant ban cameras either because they don't manage land use. 

Noted. Please see revision 1.1

10 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

This is strange to me. I always thought part of azgfd job was to help protect our rights to hunt. 

There are two very problematic assumptions in your statement.

1. AZGFD’s mission has nothing to do with hunting. From their website:

To conserve Arizona’s diverse wildlife resources and manage for safe, compatible outdoor recreation opportunities for current and future generations.

If you are relying on a government agency to protect what you love, you are in for disappointment.

2. This point has been made, but in AZ, you do not have a right to hunt and fish. We have that opportunity because the so far the public has supported it. The second that changes and some anti organization can pass a ballot measure to end it, it will end.

I understand that many people are frustrated by what is happening. I also understand that bitching about AZGFD has become a normal pastime around here, and I have participated plenty. But there is nothing to blame them for here. The HSUS is using this process to go on public record and establish the fact that thousands of Arizonans are opposed to predator hunting. Unfortunately, when the comments are posted in their entirety for everyone to see, there will not be a record of how many lion and bear tags are sold each year unless someone submits it as a comment. AZGFD manages wildlife in the interest of the public, so if the public doesn’t want them hunted, guess what?

I know how dumb and frustrating this seems to people who are using common sense. Unfortunately, democracy doesn’t always follow the rules of common sense. It follows rules and processes. Right now the enemies of hunting and fishing are monopolizing one of those processes to paint a picture. The fastest and best way to combat that is to overwhelm their effort.

I am begging the CMT community to set the snarkiness and apathy aside. This is important.

Please comment in support of lion, bear and bobcat hunting. 

AZHuntGuidelines@azgfd.gov

• Like 2

16 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Bravado? Idk why you’re getting mad at me. I think most people think the same way I do in regards to buying tags as showing support.  

I don’t understand why this isnt mentioned on AZGFD website if we’re close to losing hunts. Maybe I missed it on there, but I see no mention of any of this. 

It's a back and forth swing . They pull we push . Azgf is in the middle breaking up the fight.  If one side punches them harder they fall and they get to punch us then . As an easy way to put it, azgf takes ALL OF THE PUNCHES, who hits harder is ALL ON US. that comes from purchases and sometimes a phone call and a comment real quick. If anything we need to play the game back and all request that they ADD LION AND BEAR TAGS and keep bobcat hunting with good reasoning . Fawn survival rating. We also have wolves now . Dont let them forget that and dont forget that yourself . 

• Like 1

I don’t know why this never occurred to me. I wish we had bear baiting. We should ask them for it. If all it takes is a bunch of public comments let’s get started.

2 can play this game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1