singleshot

Unit 6A

15 hours ago, mexican_mullet said:

I just drew this tag! How did those that drew before do?

There’s plenty of goats and the game and fish site tells you exactly where they are

• Like 2

16 hours ago, mexican_mullet said:

I just drew this tag! How did those that drew before do?

How many points did you have?

6 hours ago, dsotm said:

There’s plenty of goats and the game and fish site tells you exactly where they are

I read their info sheet they have online. I'm really excited about it! Planning on scouting in July.

So how many points did you have?

Wow....crickets! lol good for him. Just curious as to how many points he had. I bet I've got more, and have no remorse.

On 3/5/2024 at 7:01 PM, AZHunter1 said:

Wow....crickets! lol good for him. Just curious as to how many points he had. I bet I've got more, and have no remorse.

Well to be honest I didn’t want to respond because I was afraid of guys being mad and shutting me out but if it really interests you I will admit that I drew with only 1 point as a nonresident. I couldn’t believe it when I had the charge hit my credit card. I know it’s insanely lucky and I don’t take that lightly but I am looking for advice from anyone who hunted the unit before so I have a great hunt. Would prefer not to hire a guide, have always gone DIY. I do plan on scouting the unit this summer so I’m looking forward to that.

• Like 2

I've seen bucks all over that unit, biggest ones back by Buck mountain 

• Like 2

I had the hunt in 2000.  Like already said, there are antelope throughout most of the unit.  While scouting, cameras or hunting, but I am not sure if I ever saw a buck that would go over 82".  The year before I drew there was a buck killed that supposedly scored in the upper 80's near poor farm. Congratulations on beating the odds.  Personally, I love hearing stories like yours.   Good Luck

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mexican_mullet said:

Well to be honest I didn’t want to respond because I was afraid of guys being mad and shutting me out but if it really interests you I will admit that I drew with only 1 point as a nonresident. I couldn’t believe it when I had the charge hit my credit card. I know it’s insanely lucky and I don’t take that lightly but I am looking for advice from anyone who hunted the unit before so I have a great hunt. Would prefer not to hire a guide, have always gone DIY. I do plan on scouting the unit this summer so I’m looking forward to that.

Whoa!!  That’s honestly gotta be one of the longest draw odds I’ve ever heard of.  Your chances of drawing a Super Raffle tag are probably about 10x better than a NR rifle antelope tag with 1 point!!  Unreal!  Good luck with the hunt.  My best advice for antelope regardless of what state is to get a good phone scope and take pics.  Like thousands of them.  You’ll get a certain look at a buck that’ll make you shoot him and you’ll be wrong.  If you’ve got pics of everything you see you can go back and look at all the angles and all the sudden one will make you realize it’s way bigger than the rest.  The second thing would be do your entire hunt before the hunt.  Meaning if you’ve got 10 days to do the hunt (yes take that many, this is a once in 10 lifetimes tag, harder to get then a sheep tag) then spend 9 of the 10 scouting and have the last one be opening day.   That does two things 1:  keeps you off the trigger till you’ve seen most of the bucks in the unit 2: gets you the biggest buck asap in the morning of opener before someone else does.   Disclaimer:   6a will have some bucks in the trees those are trickier.   If you’ve got tons of time go after em and ask every coues and elk hunter you know where to look for em