Sign in to follow this  
BHtag

Help! Big Horn tag in 37B!

I finally won the lottery and drew a sheep tag in 37 B. I don’t live too far away from there so I plan to spend all of the time that I can scouting but I’ve never spent any time in that unit before. Any information you might have on the unit and especially any information you might have on the sheep in that unit would be greatly appreciated. 

Has anyone here hunted sheep in 37 B before?

• Like 6
  • Wow! 1

There's definitely some folks around here with experience there.    For sure start scouting and post what you find (NOT details! lol).  You'll likely find some guys here willing to help or share as/if you put in some work yourself.  ;)

Good for you!!!

If it were my tag, I would definitely go to the sheep clinic if they still put it on. I would also contact the Region 6 AZGFD office and see if I could get in contact with the WM and the big game biologist.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Who is gonna do your mount? I would talk to Chris Harlow in Tucson. He did my mount as well as many others. He has also guided in the unit.

Conngrats!

Not sure who I’ll have do the mount yet but that’s another thing I’m looking into. Is that an 82nd patch on your picture there?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 654321 said:

If it were my tag, I would definitely go to the sheep clinic if they still put it on. I would also contact the Region 6 AZGFD office and see if I could get in contact with the WM and the big game biologist.

the WM may be able to show you where to glass from the road

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BHtag said:

Not sure who I’ll have do the mount yet but that’s another thing I’m looking into. Is that an 82nd patch on your picture there?

Yes sir. ATW.

7 hours ago, 654321 said:

I’ll definitely be doing both of those things 

Get in contact with the Desert big horn sheep society they have a lot of information and usually a bunch of guys willing to help.They helped my buddy's boy bag his sheep out by quartzite.

• Thanks 1