Sign in to follow this  
azhunter42

Discount Tire member?

3 hours ago, azbow said:

On your Amazon link it shows 34” diameter

Yeah I saw that, I was going by the question and answers on the bottom and looked it up myself. 

I just measured on the rim 32.8" is accurate.

On average Discount has treated me well- I had countless tire replacements with them.  I had a couple of bad experiences, one time I had a young fella make the comment "looks like you sidewall was cut by a knife" - when it was cut on the trail - then they tried to tell me my tires were too old for the certificates to be used... LOL. 

I have access to 6 tire machines and balancers. One machine does the whole mount/dismount with a push of a button. I still use discount tire. I’m sure the DIY crowd has a lot of crap to talk but coming from a guy who has done tires for almost 25 years now…… I Fukin hate tires!!!! I’d rather wait 2-3 hours with an appointment and pay money than do them myself. 

On 8/1/2022 at 6:48 PM, muledeerarea33? said:

I have access to 6 tire machines and balancers. One machine does the whole mount/dismount with a push of a button. I still use discount tire. I’m sure the DIY crowd has a lot of crap to talk but coming from a guy who has done tires for almost 25 years now…… I Fukin hate tires!!!! I’d rather wait 2-3 hours with an appointment and pay money than do them myself. 

Yup. But I actually used to like balancing large truck tires, especially when others couldnt get them to zero. Ive gone back and forth on getting my own machines since I am out of that field now but it really isnt worth it. You just have to change stores if you get a bad one. The store I go to now has upgraded my tires at no cost, replaced TPMS sensors at no cost (dead batteries), and more. I have bought a lot of tires through them and its worth it. Also I like the fact that if I need a tire replaced they are usually close by. 

• Like 1

My last adventure with DT... Bought new bfg 10 ply ats. Loaded up for elk camp and left. Put over a 1000 miles on them. Checked my air pressure ans had 45 psi. Checked the sidewall and FMR they put 6  ply ats on my truck. 80 mile round trip back to the DT and put ten plys on no questions asked... And still put 45 psi in the tires. Plus the fake torquing they do is bull$hit. Rattle $hit down with an impact on high then grab the torque wrench. Piss poor training and management not ensuring whats going on.