Sign in to follow this  
Crazymonkey

Marinades and brats?

Not a marinade, but I like to simmer brats in beer with onion, garlic, red pepper, and some salt and then finish them off on the grill. I think it gives them some extra flavor.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, az41mag said:

Not a marinade, but I like to simmer brats in beer with onion, garlic, red pepper, and some salt and then finish them off on the grill. I think it gives them some extra flavor.

I was just going to say this. 

Don't forget to pierce the skin on em before grilling at any areas that look like they could pop and shoot grease on you.

1 hour ago, az41mag said:

I slice and parboil vidalia onions to add in along with some butter and serve on bolillo rolls from Food City.

Good suggestions .Now I'm hungry again .I will have to try the beer and garlic ,red pepper,onion combo.They just need a bit more flavor and that should probably do the trick.It was a new processor for me and I probably should have opted for a much more flavorful combo.I've done the cheese and jalapeno and just didn't like them .This sounds much better.

1 hour ago, Crazymonkey said:

Good suggestions .Now I'm hungry again .I will have to try the beer and garlic ,red pepper,onion combo.They just need a bit more flavor and that should probably do the trick.It was a new processor for me and I probably should have opted for a much more flavorful combo.I've done the cheese and jalapeno and just didn't like them .This sounds much better.

Try these guys next time. If you want them slightly longer so when they shrink the still fit the bun they will do that too.

https://vonhansonsmeats.net/

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

Try these guys next time. If you want them slightly longer so when they shrink the still fit the bun they will do that too.

https://vonhansonsmeats.net/

I had them do some before and the were not that good .Maybe just the type was not for me.These are plenty long enough just a little lacking in flavor. Also the last time I was in there the wife was with me and it got expensive quick for a few steaks.They were real good but real expensive.

• Like 1

You can do the Cajun injector with the Creole butter or other marinades.   You could inject anything really .... Worcestershire sauce. Franks red hots. A1. Barbecue sauce. Lemon juice. Pick your flavor.... 

Experiment with one of these that sound good, like the garlic herd and wine?

6168E1B9-378B-4CCA-B182-7755697ECCAA.jpeg

• Like 2