Sign in to follow this  
couesfreak23

4 youth tags 36B Help

Hi fellow hunters, looks like my son and brothers got lucky and pick up some tags. This going to be there first year hunting for themselves. I've been to the unit during January chasing rutting bucks myself. Looking for any info that could help me make this a successful hunt for all four of them. I know they have a junior camp for this hunt might be an option but looking for areas to explore that could hold a lot of deer to increase our chances. TIA for anyone willing to share any information and if you want pm me ill keep all info to myself. Happy hunting ladies and gents

It's one of those units that historically gets pounded. Plenty of deer and hunters too but most pull out on Sunday afternoon. There really are no secret spots as deer are all over. You have a leg up having been there before. 

Get out before sunrise and stay out all day. Plenty of illegals too so keep together.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

It's one of those units that historically gets pounded. Plenty of deer and hunters too but most pull out on Sunday afternoon. There really are no secret spots as deer are all over. You have a leg up having been there before. 

Get out before sunrise and stay out all day. Plenty of illegals too so keep together.

I couldn’t have said it better.  PRDATR is right on.

• Like 1

Yeah lot of tags in there but most of the pressure is close to the roads. Just look for a bit more rugged country that your average out of shape hunter won’t go into and hike a mile or so into it and it’s a game changer. 

• Like 2

Don't they have a young camp for that hunt up on the north edge of the unit?  I would look into it and stay there.  Tons of help in those camps.

• Like 3

On 8/14/2022 at 7:07 PM, AZbowhntr said:

Don't they have a young camp for that hunt up on the north edge of the unit?  I would look into it and stay there.  Tons of help in those camps.

Yes they do but going with alot family so ruled out the youth camp but that is a great thing Sci does for hunting community 

• Like 1