Sign in to follow this  
AZ7maghunter

Rocky Point Fishing Charter Rec?

I’ll be in rocky point in late October. I’d like to get out on the ocean to catch some fish. Does anyone have any recommendations on who to use or where to go? Just looking for a 1/2 to 3/4 day trip to catch corvina, triggerfish, or whatever really. Just looking for some action and to bring some fish home for the grill. Any input is appreciated. 

The boats there are gonna all be relatively the same cost wise vs what you catch. I'd consider maybe renting a kayak and fish around the jetty in front of wrecked at the reef and in front of competition hill.. Assuming you can rent a kayak and assuming you can still fish right there. You could probably wade in right there and catch triggers all day long. I fished off of it but it's pretty sketchy, big holes and slippery AF. Been a long time though since I been there.

22 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

The boats there are gonna all be relatively the same cost wise vs what you catch. I'd consider maybe renting a kayak and fish around the jetty in front of wrecked at the reef and in front of competition hill.. Assuming you can rent a kayak and assuming you can still fish right there. You could probably wade in right there and catch triggers all day long. I fished off of it but it's pretty sketchy, big holes and slippery AF. Been a long time though since I been there.

That’s not a bad idea at all! Although I don’t really want a trigger fish flopping around the kayak. Haha. 

23 minutes ago, AZ7maghunter said:

That’s not a bad idea at all! Although I don’t really want a trigger fish flopping around the kayak. Haha. 

Be prepared to catch skates too if fishing off the bottom at the jetty. Also if wading out shuffle your feet underwater when you walk so you don't get jabbed 

1 hour ago, CatfishKev said:

Be prepared to catch skates too if fishing off the bottom at the jetty. Also if wading out shuffle your feet underwater when you walk so you don't get jabbed 

Oh yeah. I caught lots of those off the beach. And those funky looking puffer fish. Do you think those sting rays taste any good? 

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

Go an hour and 45 minutes passed rocky point and catch everything and more 

No habla no mas!  Las pescas esta solamente en  Baja California! 

as

3 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Skates? Lol, east coast boy? They don’t have barbs, our rays sure do,