Sign in to follow this  
couesdeerhntr

Moose unit 36 colorado

My buddy drew a Colorado moose tag in unit 36. Anyone done this hunt before. He has a pretty good knowledge of the land but i am just excited for him so I figured i would post here to see what my fellow hunters have to say about this tag.

• Like 5

The size of those things is absolutely amazing.  When I walked up on mine this year I was blown away at the size of the quarters.  Hope your buddy gets a jumbo!

I may be wrong, but comparing your AK moose to a Shiras would be like comparing a coues to a muley….. you super sized your order

5 hours ago, NOTAGS said:

I may be wrong, but comparing your AK moose to a Shiras would be like comparing a coues to a muley….. you super sized your order

A shiras bull is about like a really big backwards bull elk.  Fronts are heavier then hinds and more awkward to handle because of the length.  Hind quarters aren’t bad.  Heads and capes are heavier then a elk for sure. 

Good luck to him.  I’m no help in 36.  I was sheep hunting in the gunnison area and saw a GIANT bull moose.  Like woulda shot him in Alaska big!  I didn’t think I really cared to shoot another shiras till I saw that one!  

Interesting, I learned something about moose's today 

He has been seeing them everyday. He is there for whole hunt so he is locating bulls and trying to find the right one he has his mind set on. He is the only hunter up there hunting those moose so they are not going anywhere.