Sign in to follow this  
NOTAGS

anyone hunting the Killer Squirrels this weekend?

So, not having any big game hunts this year in AZ, I'm  resorting to trophy small game hunting. Joining my buddy and his daughter on their annual daddy/daughter squirrel opener.  I think they've done this for every year since she was old enough to shoot a rifle till now and she's about  21.  Wondering how the numbers were for those of you who got to hit the elk  woods this year?

I had one climb up my pant leg one year after spine shooting  it and it was trying to crawl off with the front legs.....  I stepped on its tail  to hold it still to shoot it in the head.  Bad idea.....  Thing spun around and grabbed onto my  jeans like it was tree.  I yelled, ( screamed?) jumped back which freed the tail and up it came.  FAST!  I was jumping around on one leg, shaking the other,  and hitting at it with the butt of my 22.  Finally shook it free and emptied my 10/22 into the devil beast.  My buddy was doubled over laughing with tears in his eyes.  Traumatic for sure..  

Image result for Killer Squirrel. Size: 171 x 180. Source: www.blumhouse.com

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, NOTAGS said:

So, not having any big game hunts this year in AZ, I'm  resorting to trophy small game hunting. Joining my buddy and his daughter on their annual daddy/daughter squirrel opener.  I think they've done this for every year since she was old enough to shoot a rifle till now and she's about  21.  Wondering how the numbers were for those of you who got to hit the elk  woods this year?

I had one climb up my pant leg one year after spine shooting  it and it was trying to crawl off with the front legs.....  I stepped on its tail  to hold it still to shoot it in the head.  Bad idea.....  Thing spun around and grabbed onto my  jeans like it was tree.  I yelled, ( screamed?) jumped back which freed the tail and up it came.  FAST!  I was jumping around on one leg, shaking the other,  and hitting at it with the butt of my 22.  Finally shook it free and emptied my 10/22 into the devil beast.  My buddy was doubled over laughing with tears in his eyes.  Traumatic for sure..  

Image result for Killer Squirrel. Size: 171 x 180. Source: www.blumhouse.com

I had one jump on my leg in college. It came to my dorm room and everything. It was pretty cool until it started biting me and my friends.

26 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

I had one jump on my leg in college. It came to my dorm room and everything. It was pretty cool until it started biting me and my friends.

You sure that wasn’t Winona’s big brown beaver? 😂

16 minutes ago, bigorange said:

You sure that wasn’t Winona’s big brown beaver? 😂

I'm pretty sure.

The big brown beaver was more bitey.

• Like 1

Best video ever. It's like an acid trip gone all wrong.  Les claypool is a big time fisherman, there's a documentary on YouTube.  

Okay, everyone’s laughing at my learning moment..,,, Any one go out on the archery hunts?  It’s pretty obvious when it’s a good squirrel year, they pestered the heck out of me when I had tag on the good years .  Teased me to use a  blunt when elk were near by, or chattered like crazy when I was stalking close. Never saw them headed out to the truck….

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

Ill be up that way for Turkey but this sounds like good fun during the day and I just got a can for my 22 . makes it nice.

I always thought cans for .22 were a bit silly…then I heard one at the range. Not so silly and would definitely be good for squirrels. LoL

1 hour ago, idgaf said:

I kinda wish I was.  I am helping my 5th friend on their elk hunt this weekend. 

That’s not a terrible problem to have. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, bigorange said:

I always thought cans for .22 were a bit silly…then I heard one at the range. Not so silly and would definitely be good for squirrels. LoL

Had it on a 10-22 the other day and at 25 yds I could hear the bullet hit the cardboard from the target stand over the gun blast.

• Love 1