Sign in to follow this  
Guest akaspecials

Termite Questions

Guest akaspecials

I noticed this morning I have a few mud tubes and I found termite droppings. Anyone here have a Pest Control company? Any suggestions on how to handle or rough costs for treatment. Located in Chandler. 

Ed Hageman at Karsten Pest Technologies 480 664 0070. One of the best service providers (of any service)  I have ever had a chance to work with.

We had them in our office in Tempe and used Orkin. They came up through cracks in the slab 30 year old building. I found them when I was moving a box of printer paper that was on the carpeted floor in a closet. They had eaten most of the bottom and it was very damp. One guy had a framed picture hanging on the wall in his office. They had eaten their way up in the drywall and into the cardboard in the picture.

Make sure you look in your attic too. Your insurance company may reimburse you for treatment. I would say don't go cheap on a company.

Guest akaspecials

I appreciate the input guys. Pictures are below. Both mud tubes were partially crushed prior to pictures. Droppings and one of the mud tubes are in SE corner of the house. The other mud tube is on W side. 

Thinking back there was one mud tube on a raised garden bed that I crushed a few weeks ago and it was never rebuilt. 

droppings.JPG

mud 2.JPG

mud1.JPG

A jug of termidor he is about $250 and will go long way.  I can walk you through it if you wanna take it on yourself.  Not sure what it would cost up there I understand the market is pretty competitive.  When I did treatments at my old company they ranged from $2-4 k depending how much drilling there was and house size.

• Like 3

Kev is spot on about Termidor! Educate yourself about that chemical and you’ll learn that if just a few critters get infected they take it back to the queen and the whole colony dies. Works the same with ants. Spot treatment would probably do it but that’s just me. About $80 for 20 oz I believe? Take Kev up on his offer and save a bunch!

• Like 2