Sign in to follow this  
Hoss50

Kids First Knife

6 hours ago, IA Born said:

You guys are HORRIBLE influences!  I just ordered my son a Buck 110 for his birthday (Dec 24) because, as everyone else has said, including me, everyone should have a Buck 110!  Now to explain it to my wife.  Thank goodness for my pro-deals!

Ya,

I am probably going to order a pair of them for my sons who are 7 and 10. I will have their names engraved on them and just keep my 7 year olds in the safe for a few more years. 

S30V blades and names engraved. 

• Like 1

On 12/11/2022 at 8:08 PM, Edge said:

Whatever knife you give him he'll be trying to stick it in stumps when you ain't looking.  Get him a durable fixed blade and something more meaningful when he's a little older.

My dad gave me a Kabar  i saw in the window of Cashbox Pawn, when I started hunting,  wish I still had it.

It has to be a folding knife for him to legally carry it here in AZ. At least until he's 21. 

21 minutes ago, TR0UBLE SH00TER said:

It has to be a folding knife for him to legally carry it here in AZ. At least until he's 21. 

That's the law, including a blade under 4"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Edge said:

That's the law, including a blade under 4"

Yes, thank you for clarifying that too.

I just wanted to add that info to the conversation. I read up on the law a few years ago when I was buying my own son his first knife.

55 minutes ago, TR0UBLE SH00TER said:

Yes, thank you for clarifying that too.

I just wanted to add that info to the conversation. I read up on the law a few years ago when I was buying my own son his first knife.

I forgot about the 'law.' Knifes are considered tools for adults unless they're used maliciously.  Folders only up to 21... seems a bit much.

• Like 1

Lmfao, you imagine a fish cop citeing a kid for having a Buck 110 in his backpack while hunting?  

"Listen here Dad, I don't have a problem with your boy carrying that .243 rifle on his shoulder, my issue is that dang non folding knife in his pack".. 

• Like 1

Yep, my kids were criminals at large. My youngest will turn 21 on the 24th,  Thank goodness he will no longer be a criminal.

1 hour ago, HuntHarder said:

Lmfao, you imagine a fish cop citeing a kid for having a Buck 110 in his backpack while hunting?  

"Listen here Dad, I don't have a problem with your boy carrying that .243 rifle on his shoulder, my issue is that dang non folding knife in his pack".. 

110's a folder?

On 12/16/2022 at 5:26 PM, HuntHarder said:

To be clear, the Buck 110 would fall within the law. But I hear what you're getting at.

IMG-7.jpeg