tgoodie

10 years of waiting part 2

after drawing my first elk tag in 3a 3c i did not think i would also get my first deer tag,but putting in one or two choices, for only the trophy hunts finally payed off. It was also a plus when i found out that my mom had drawn the same tag, and planed on signing over the tag to my 11 year old brother. two tags for the late kiabab, what a dream. Knowing that my dad Ty Goodman and my grandpa Kenny Goodman have hunted the unit since they were 10 i knew we would have a good hunt. It was also a benifit spending the last four years in the unit with family members filling their tags all over 180 and my grandpas buck last year at 203. The first day showed more bucks in the low country then in the last few years, so we decided thats were we will try and find the first one. three days went by on the shoe leather express before we found a buck worth shooting. so, we began to go after him. when we got into the bowl that we glassed the buck he was around 250 yards and bedded. we decided that bryce would take this buck. The only problem was a doe was standing in front of the buck and a shoot with a few inches off could turn into a mess. My dad told me that we cannot let this buck walk, but he did not wanna have an 11 year old atempt this shoot. so the plan changed, i was taking the shoot. the bucks back side was facing directly at me and the head looking to the left. My dad then told me to aim for the solderblade even though you could hardly see it. This is when i made the best shot of my life as you can see from the pictures. scored roughly over 180. Here are a few pictures of him.

IMG_0835.jpg

IMG_0848.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

two days later a storm was rolling in so we figered we would try out the inbetween high and low country. I was driving incase we jumped a buck off the road my dad could get out with bryce and help him get set up. after a couple minutes of driving every hunters dream happened,the toad ran across. My dad and brother jumped out just as planned and i continued to drive by so the buck would not run off. They followed the buck for a little till he finaly stopped right behind a bunch of jack pines. where he had to take his only chance at a shot. some how the 11 year old weaved a bullet threw the trees and dropped this toad witch scores 204. Here are a few pictures of him.

IMG_0852.jpg

IMG_0854.jpg

IMG_0880.jpg

Here is a picture of both of us with our bucks.

IMG_0894.jpg

Tyler a huge congrats to you and your brother on 2 world class animals. You definately have had a season to remember.

My hats off to both of you on bucks that I probably will never ever match. Congratulations on bucks of a life time. :)

TJ

Great story and nice pair of bucks. I think Bryce is going to have a hard time beating that buck for his next one.

It's about time you got back from that hunt! I've been goin crazy waiting to hear.

But much conrats to you, Bryce, and all the Goodmans (and Ol Haus). You guys hunt the Kiabab harder than anyone I know and it sure does pay off!!

Congratulations Tyler

It's about time you got back from that hunt! I've been goin crazy waiting to hear.

But much conrats to you, Bryce, and all the Goodmans (and Ol Haus). You guys hunt the Kiabab harder than anyone I know and it sure does pay off!!

Congratulations Tyler

awsome deer, love the dark horned one

Those are a couple of STUD bucks right there! Congratulations, and thanks for sharing!

10 years is a long time to wait, do you think you can wait another 10 years?

ya im not sure yet gonna try getting one every year with my bow untill i get another kiabab tag