Sign in to follow this  
Big or Bust

What's for dinner tonight?

9 minutes ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

When I saw this pic the only thing I thought was how close is that thing to the cnc and how much coolant got in there. lol then I read the rest of the thread. Sure wish I had a Blackstone next to the mill!

You should  see Christmas  time potluck. It's crazy with food . I'll usually  make a 22qt roster full of elk chili  . Some don't  know what's  in it . Some ask how many  animals  are on the table . In a shop with  hunters  you never know  . Elk ,bear,javalina, dove and quail are the  norm. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chef said:

Yes, tried and true.  NY CIA '94.

Dry brining gives you a good dry surface area for searing (like your cast iron) 

Reason is the salt draws out moisture from the steak surface.

If you brine for too long, you draw out more moisture and start getting a product that is too salty.

I have dry brined hundreds of salmon filets for Lox.  I used to get all kinds of results from different cure times etc. 

Thanks for the thoughts.  Might just be me but seems I've noticed a deeper flavored and more tender product as well....

On 8/24/2023 at 11:11 AM, trphyhntr said:

you follow me throughout this board. It’s sad. 

Eat your tag soup 

Anyone that follows You is a loser for sure . , Watch Your back. And both sides . I learned that at 16. . BOY. . If you and your folowers were half way smart you wouldn't post any thing else or pictures of me . Honestly !

On 8/24/2023 at 12:41 PM, wish2hunt said:

You mean you're sad?

You sadly are a Follower. LOL get a life.

On 8/24/2023 at 12:53 PM, Big or Bust said:

Clown...

Tour Daddy was a Clown ,what does that make You.  The word rymes with Steer.

On 8/24/2023 at 1:15 PM, muledeerarea33? said:

Another good thread getting locked up soon

Blame it on Your buddy Trophy Hunter Who never killed Chit but likes to talk. This aint a good  thread either .Who cares what you had for Dinner. 

55 minutes ago, 5guyshunting said:

What a nut job!

What did I say nut Job . You are a Follower of a loser . Be carefull.!

1 minute ago, naturebob said:

What did I say nut Job . You are a Follower of a loser . Be carefull.!

I follow no one. "Be careful"? You sending the mob after me? 🤣

• Haha 2

He’s always talking about my followers, dude doesn’t realize that’s he’s just a lunatic. Ironically the only followers I have are him and Roosevelt mark. 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

You should  see Christmas  time potluck. It's crazy with food . I'll usually  make a 22qt roster full of elk chili  . Some don't  know what's  in it . Some ask how many  animals  are on the table . In a shop with  hunters  you never know  . Elk ,bear,javalina, dove and quail are the  norm. 

Did you buy those brats or make them?

32 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

He’s always talking about my followers, dude doesn’t realize that’s he’s just a lunatic. Ironically the only followers I have are him and Roosevelt mark. 

You are lost Guy , This is the last time I will tell you . I don't wanna see my name or any Pictures ever again posted by you.  You and I are done. That goes for your friends too .There's no need for this bull Chit on here . Its a Hunting site and You continued to bad mouth me cause I didn't like a kid gettin  a Big Horn Tag . Well I still don't . You could of left it at that . but You like  to get attention and Glory ,  So Be it . I warned You   , Don't be any stupider than already. Leave it Be . I know You aint Married . Who would put up with your shoot. If Amanda wants to kick me off of here for you thats fine.  I will allow You one last Comment and Your follwers and never will here from Me again. Nothing here worth while.  Take Me serious Boy.!

12 minutes ago, naturebob said:

You are lost Guy , This is the last time I will tell you . I don't wanna see my name or any Pictures ever again posted by you.  You and I are done. That goes for your friends too .There's no need for this bull Chit on here . Its a Hunting site and You continued to bad mouth me cause I didn't like a kid gettin  a Big Horn Tag . Well I still don't . You could of left it at that . but You like  to get attention and Glory ,  So Be it . I warned You   , Don't be any stupider than already. Leave it Be . I know You aint Married . Who would put up with your shoot. If Amanda wants to kick me off of here for you thats fine.  I will allow You one last Comment and Your follwers and never will here from Me again. Nothing here worth while.  Take Me serious Boy.!

Your follwers and never will here from Me again. Nothing here worth while. Take Me serious Boy.! 

I've seen that quote several times. Goodbye BOB!!!

2 hours ago, naturebob said:

You sadly are a Follower. LOL get a life.

Drinking again. You better get your guide for your doe hunts before the good ones are gone. And I don’t remember asking for your thoughts

• Like 1